P3B 2023-24

Healthy Bodies

This term our topic has been ‘Healthy Bodies’.

We started off by learning all about the human skeleton. We looked at the bones that make up the human skeleton and labelled these.

We then learned about some of the main organs in our bodies. We worked together to find out more about these and to write about them.

When we learned about the lungs, we created model lungs. This allowed us to see how the lungs work.

Some pupils decided to do extra research to find out facts about the human body. They used this to create a display.

We also learned about common diseases. We found out about symptoms of these, ways to prevent them from spreading and how these can be treated.

As part of Health and Wellbeing week, we learned about the importance of sleep. We then made posters about this.

Some pupil quotes:

“I liked when we wrote about the organs. I wrote about the intestines.”

“I liked when we got to figure out which foods were good for our body.”

“I liked when we drew around someone and came up with adjectives for the body parts.”

“I liked when we made the moving skeletons. It was fun to stick all of the pieces together.”

“I enjoyed when we made the lungs. It was really fun!”