P3B 2023-24

Outdoor Learning

We have continued to make use of the outdoors as much as possible.

Earlier in the term we went on a senses walk into the wildlife area. We used the meta-skills of focusing and communicating through working together to ensure our lists were all completed. Learning about our senses also linked to our topic on healthy bodies.

“On the senses walk, it was fun to use the clipboards to write things down.”

We used Lego figures to create outdoor scenes which we then wrote about. We focused on adjectives as this was our target for the daily write. Some pupils decided to work in groups to do this and so made use of the meta-skills of collaborating and communicating. Everyone applied the meta-skill of creativity.

“I liked the Lego scenes. It was very fun.”

“I liked when we got to decide what we were doing for our Lego scenes.”

“I liked when we did the Lego scenes because it was very creative and kind of cool.”

We collected materials from the wildlife area to make potions. We had to consider what went into our potion and what our potion could do. We used lots of adjectives again! This involved the meta-skill of creativity. When we came back inside, we told everyone about our potions and so used the meta-skill of communicating.

“I liked when we made potions because we got to imagine what they would do.”