I’m a scientist get me out of here!

Today the children at Fetlar teamed up with scientists from the Wellcome institute in London to find out what was involved in being a scientist.  They’d previously decided on chatting with scientists in the sustainability zone due to the work they’ve been carrying out on Sustainable Development Goals or Global Goals.

In order to prepare the children prepped by discussing the qualities they felt that a scientist needed to effectively carry out their jobs. They then thought up some questions they’d like to ask and we scheduled a live chat session for half an hour.

Once the live chat started time flew and an incredible number of questions and answers were carried out.  ‘It was amazing because I loved how there was always a new question being asked either by us or the scientists’ was Aarons comment and Jack said ‘ I really enjoyed the chat because I learned lots of new things and also liked teaching the scientists!’