Images

Countryside day

P5 went to the Countryside day on Tuesday 21st may at B.E.C (Borders Events Centre). We got a bus to get there. I liked the machinery because of the cool things they do to the farm. I also liked the mini horse and foal called Fallabella’s. Finally I liked stroking the chicks and the duckling. They were so cute and fussy.

Thank you to the organisers, Charlie McCirrick and also to Hogarth’s Mill for the Countryside Day and for making my day the best day ever.

Jaryn

The Scottish Borders Annual Chess competition

Yesterday me, Connie, Rory and Lucas went to the chess competition in the Volunteer hall in Galashiels. Twenty five primary schools took part in total. We played against St Boswells, Burgh, Denholm, St Peters and Gordon. I won my first three then I lost one then I won the next one. I was disappointed to not win a trophy but I did get a certificate.

I’m thankful to Mrs Dalziel for teaching us chess and for taking us to the chess competition.

I really enjoyed it and hope to go to it next time.    

Fraser

The Scottish Borders Chess Competition

On the 28th of May, Fraser, Rory, Lucas and I attended the annual Scottish Borders Chess Competition in the Volunteers Hall, Galashiels. There were twenty five schools at the competition.  We were playing in the fourth league and played five matches; against St Boswells, Burgh, Denholm, Gordon and St Peters.

I was very proud as I won against St Boswells and St Peters. I really enjoyed having the opportunity to represent my school and also loved meeting new people and learning new rules. This was overall a great experience to be a part of.

I played my first match against a boy from St Boswells and he made me think with a lot of my moves. It was a tight game but right at the end I captured his queen and I won by a few points. That is why that was my best game.

I would like to thank our very kind chess teacher Sharon Dalziel and I also would like to thank her for taking us.

Connie