P5 Countryside Day!

On Tuesday the 21st of May, Sprouston P5’s went to the Border Events Centre at Springwood Park for P5 Countryside day.

When we got there we set up and had our snacks. The first thing we saw was the sheering sheep pallor and we then made our way over to the big tent. It had cows, chickens and lots of farming things. The parts I liked were the cow milking, chicks and ducks and the vet centre. The cow milking was where we had to milk a fake cow and get as much milk as we could by milking from hand. The ducks and chicks were so cute! The duck was 1 day old and the chicks were 4 weeks old. The vet showed us all the tools they use for helping animals. We also got to put a bandage on a dog but it wasn’t really hurt! Then we left the tent and headed our way over to the mini ponies! They were Fallabella’s, there was a mum and foal!

After that we went to the Farrier workshop. As SOON as we got there I knew that the ponies were from Nenthorn which is where I go horse riding! I noticed there were Domino, Dandy, Pepper, Peter, Ziggy and Cracker. Next we went to go on the Animal Transporter and see how animals felt like being transported! Lastly we saw the mounted police and I learnt that I had to join the force for 5 years until I could become a mounted police officer.

I really enjoyed it! Best day ever!!! I enjoyed it because it was what I like best!

Thank you to the organisers for organising it!

Saskia