Pupil Zone

Thursday 14th November 2019 – Our First GLOW Blog Upload!

Here are some updates from the children in P6S:

ALL ABOUT PE:

Today in PE we did an obstacle course. We had to do a rolling dive and a jump on the trampoline. Last of all we had to jump over a big cheese

-Blake & Bangali

Today in PE we did an obstacle course. We had 1 minute 30 seconds to go round the course as many times as you could. You could do about 7 laps at the most. It was so fun! There was a lot of stuff to get over and under.

– Lucas

In primary 6s we have been doing an assault course in our physical education lesson. The way you complete an assault course is to complete a set of challenges.

-Jacob

Today we did P.E we did HIIT fitness. HIIT fitness stands for high intensity interval training. There was an obstacle course and there were things like walking a across high up bench, jumping over tall mats and running between cones. We had to do as much as possible in a certain amount of time. It started at 1 minute then 1 min 30 then 2 minutes and backwards.

-Noa

In P.E we did an obstacle course.

-Yinghong

Today in P.E we did a course all about our physical fitness and we got split into two groups. We pushed and pushed ourselves to see how fast we could complete the course in our limited time. We had to jump over and army crawl under obstacles. Also we had to balance on benches and tried to not fall off! Most of us needed our water bottles.

-Chloe B and Natalie 🙂

Today we were doing a fun fitness course with Mr Bewsey . We were split into 2 groups . Then people went to start at different parts of the course and worked their way around  at a time limit from 1 minute and worked our way up to 3 minutes. When you are waiting for someone to finish an obstacle you had to jog on the spot to keep your heart beating fast. Then we swapped over so the other team could have a go while you have a rest and drink.

-Lucy

ENRICHMENT

For Enrichment I do choir and we went to loads of different events like Grove House and Queens House. We sang and we played ukulele and we got a biscuit and it was really fun.

-Chloe R

A group of kids from primary 6 and 7 went to Grove House and Queen’s House to sing. My favourite song is ‘Joy.’ We did it because it is nice to go and see the people who live there and they loved it.

-Hope S

In Enrichment I have been doing arts and crafts.  The teacher is Mark and Marie and we do a lot of activities like colouring pumpkins and we will be drawing on stones. We also coloured fireworks in and designed what we wanted our stones to look like. For my last Enrichment task I did hockey with Mrs Mclear. It was fun because on the last day of hockey me and Chloe M collected lots and lots and lots of conkers. Hockey was very fun. Arts and Crafts is a fun activity too.

-Carla

MUSIC

In music we learn to play instruments and sing. I’ll tell you what we have been up to this term. We have been singing songs such as ‘Mr Tambourine Man’ and ‘Somewhere Only We Know.’ Also we’ve been learning the drums and the ukulele.

-Zara

At music Mr Mabon gives people a chance to try out the drums and a lot of people can do different rhythms like the rock and the samba as well as the shuffle. The drums are a great way to let people have fun and enjoy the beat.

-Hope F and Olivia

MATHS, PROBLEM SOLVING AND PRODIGY

On a Friday p6s play prodigy which is a fun maths game.

-Sophie

On Fridays we do prodigy and it is a wizard battle game using sums to attack and you have pet to help you fight. Our teacher set our kinds of sums and it’s like Pokémon games but with maths involved.

-Alfie Waddell

I have enjoyed doing maths problem solving because you won’t find the end of it. Also it is quite fun if you understand it.

-Fraser

Welcome to a journey to learn maths. First you must complete a simple question: 103-4=? type in the comments the answer.

You cannot move on until you have completed the question. It is weirdly hard because to find the answer to the sum you have to bridge the 100s. We have been learning about this in our number time.

On Tuesday we did a problem solving activity called prison cells (we got the most answers). We had to arrange prisoners in a cell so that all block added up to 25. It was really tricky!

The next question is 162-84=?  (comment now before going onto next post.) Thanks for reading.

-Put together by Isaac and Lochlan

TOPIC ROTATIONS

This term P6s are doing Yoga, outdoor leaning and art for our topic rotations. Roxburgh is being split up into three other houses; Springwood, Hendersyde and Floors. Yoga is hosted by our own Mrs. Swanson! Art is hosted by Mrs McLear andOutdoor learning is with Mrs Welsh.

-Robyn

On Monday for topic rotations, me and some more 6’s and 7’s done outdoor learning . Even though it was raining it was great fun. We had four jobs. The first job was to get into partners and learn how to tie a knot that would come in handy later on . Then we went outside in our coats and done the second job which was taking apart stars for the next people that where doing outdoor leaning. Then we tidied up and went inside to make a bird drawing to help the environment.

-Chloe M

OTHER LEARNING

We have been learning about the world and how many people are in the world. It is very interesting because in China there used to be a rule that you were only allowed to have one kid but now that rule is banned.

-Kyra Walker

In Topic we have been learning about Geography. We looked at the world population. In the world there are currently 7.7 billion people in the world. Did you know that at one point, China had so many people that every family was only allowed one child?!

-Charlie

We have be learning about the world and how much humans are on the world! It is fun and interesting.

-Rosie C 🙂

In writing this term, our class has been doing persuasive writing. It is really fun but also a little stressful. Lately we have been doing letters to our family.

– Amber

We have just started to use this in p6. So far we have done reading, maths, spelling, writing like now and topic. Our topic last term was war and conflict.

-Ruby

Hi my name is Alba and this is my first time on glow. I love it. My favourite colour is purple. I like to take care of my friends and family.

-Alba

I am having a great time in P6 with Miss Swanson ! 🙂 🙂 YAY

(especially the reading & friends)

-Albie