Glow information for school websites
Glow is Scotland’s nationally available digital environment and is the preferred online platform for all South Ayrshire schools. Glow can support learning across the whole curriculum, it’s not just one place or platform, it is a username and password that gives users access to a number of different web services.
Funded by the Scottish Government and managed by Education Scotland, Glow provides a safe, online environment for learners and educators to communicate and collaborate using services such as Glow Blogs, Microsoft Office 365, Glow RM Unify Launch Pad and Glow Meet.
These services can be accessed by Glow account holders at anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
Using Glow in learning and teaching
Glow is used by learners and educators across Scotland in lots of different ways. For example, you can:
- share ideas and learning resources – across classes, schools and local authorities;
- create digital content such as blogs and OneNote digital notebooks;
- join communities to discuss specific topics or get help with difficult concepts;
- create personalised programmes of work;
- find teaching resources and explore new learning approaches and practices;
- join a Glow TV broadcast from anywhere in Scotland.
- manage deadlines and projects using tools in Microsoft Office 365 and Google G Suite;
- communicate, collaborate and co-create with other Glow users.
For further information on Glow visit the Glow Connect website.
You may have heard you child talking about Number Talks. Number Talks is a short mental maths activity that we aim to do for 10-15 minutes each day. Click the links below to see some of the strategies we are teaching the pupils. These may be helpful to support your child and discuss number problems at home.