Planting at home!

Hi everyone, we are missing seeing you all and hope that you are getting on well at home!

The weather has been fantastic hasn’t it?

Our nursery plants are growing so big and tall at home with Stephanie. Hopefully by the time we are back at nursery there will be some yummy home grown vegetables to eat.

The seeds that were planted needed to live by a window so the heat came through to help them grow.  However, because we planted so many amazing seeds I had no room for them on my windowsill so I bought a special greenhouse to help the plants grow.

Our Peppers and Avocado have grown so much!

You can even see the radish growing and our cucumbers now have lots of leaves!

When I was at the shops, I noticed that there were lots of seeds and decided to buy some more and plant them for nursery! I thought I’d share this process with you guys, so that you could plant and grow your own food at home!

As most of you know, you need to start off by putting some soil into a plant pot.  Then add your seeds, then cover them up with some more soil on top! Remember to write on your pot what you have planted.

Once you have planted your seeds, make sure to water them and leave them in a sunny, warm place for them to grow. Remember to water them every few days.

Don’t worry if you don’t have any plant pots in your house, You can recycle some of your rubbish and use them as planters – Here’s some ideas!

I used an empty orange juice carton, an empty milk carton, an egg case and the bottom of a plastic bottle!

Remember you don’t always need seeds to grow your own food.  You can use food to grow more food! HOW AMAZING!

Here’s some links to videos as an example of using food to regrow more food.

Be sure to leave us a comment and let us know if you planted your own seeds or used some of the hacks in these videos!

2 Replies to “Planting at home!”

1. The nursery plants are looking great, I love the greenhouse! Emmy has planted sunflowers and we are hoping they grow really tall 🙂

1. Well done Emmy! I love sunflowers and watching them grow very tall. I planted some last year and they stretched up above the hedge! I wonder how tall yours will grow to be?