Homework week beginning 30/5/22

This week we are learning our phonics sound ‘ar’. Click on the following link to practice this sound and action:

What words can you think of containing this sound? Click on the following link to explore this further:

Our tricky word is ‘give’. Can you write this tricky word and think of a sentence containing this? Click on the following link to practice:

Homework week beginning 23/5/21

This week our sound is ‘er’. Click on the following link to practice this sound, action and song, then discuss what words contain this sound:

Our tricky word this week is ‘live’. Click on the following link to practice this sound, then discuss what sentences could contain this word:

Our new P1 topic is Pirates! Click on the following link to observe!

We are learning about using directional language by using compass directions (North, South, East and West). We have been making maps in school to practice this. Can you make your own map to treasures at home, and provide directions to find this?

Maths KS2: Using a compass and reading maps – BBC Teach

Welcoming a Baby!

Primary 1a, 1b and Primary 2/1 have been learning how different faiths welcome a baby. Today, Mrs Hannigan came to visit us with her gorgeous baby to talk about a christening. We listened very carefully and asked some good questions. Thank you to Mrs Hannigan for coming in to see us with her baby!

RSHP – Week Beginning 16th May

This week we are learning about similarities and differences:

I am beginning to understand that treating someone badly/poorly based on a
difference is not okay.

Last week we  were learning about  ‘Our Body’ and ‘My Body Belongs to Me’ :

I am learning about respect for my body
and what behaviour is right and wrong. I
know who I should talk to if I am worried
about this. HWB 0-49a
• Demonstrates modesty and privacy
through, for example, closing toilet
doors.
• Manages personal space with respect
towards self and others.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the
concept, ‘my body belongs to me’.

Homework week beginning 16/5/22

The phonics sound we are learning this week is ‘ue’. Click on the following links to practice this sound:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/YRyIxifezjk

This week’s tricky word is ‘have’. Can you think of a sentence containing this word? Click on the following link to practice the action for this word and how to write this word:

We are also learning how to identify lines of symmetry. Click on the following link to practice:

Symmetry Sorting Game – Sort symmetrical and non-symmetrical images (topmarks.co.uk)

RSHP – This Week’s Learning

This week we are learning about  ‘Our Body’ and ‘My Body Belongs to Me’ :

I am learning about respect for my body
about this. HWB 0-49a
• Demonstrates modesty and privacy
through, for example, closing toilet
doors.
• Manages personal space with respect
towards self and others.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the
concept, ‘my body belongs to me’.

Homework week beginning 9/5/22

The phonics sound we are learning this week is ‘oi’. Click on the following link to practice this sound:

This week’s tricky word is ‘like’. Can you think of a sentence containing this word? Click on the following link to practice the action for this word and how to write this word:

We are revising patterns, 2D and 3D shapes this week. Click on the following links to practice these:

Level 3:

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/shape-patterns

https://www.liveworksheets.com/worksheets/en/Math/3D_Shapes/WS_3D_Shapes_around_You_yp2299984xr

Revision week 3/5/22

This week we shall be revising our phonics sounds to date. Please refer to previous blog posts to revise at home, and click on the following links to practice blending and tricky words: