The aims of West Primary School are to:
- To provide a curriculum consistent with national and local authority guidelines which is broad, balanced, coherent and progressive.
- To enable all pupils to achieve a standard of attainment which is appropriate to their age and aptitude.
- To enable the provision of a range of teaching and learning approaches which take account of achievements and individual needs of pupils.
- To provide an effective system of support to meet educational, pastoral, personal and social needs of all pupils.
- To promote an ethos of equality and fairness which respects and values all members of the school community.
- To provide high quality resources, effectively organised, to support effective learning and teaching.
- To maintain an effective team, led by the Head Teacher, to ensure the continued success of the school.
We aim to provide programmes of learning which take account of the capacities and principles of Curriculum for Excellence which will result in happy, balanced, healthy children who will be well mannered and considerate of the welfare of others, will have the ability to make rational choices and will be able to work within a group or independently as the occasion arises. Throughout the curriculum, children are encouraged to be enterprising in their approach and are regularly involved in decision-making about their learning.