Science includes experiences and outcomes in five organisers, planet earth, forces, electricity and waves, biological systems, materials and topical science.
In West Primary School the most important goal for science education is to stimulate, nurture and sustain the curiosity, wonder and questioning of children and young people.
Learning through the sciences enables children and young people to:
- Investigate their environment by observing, exploring, investigating and recording
- Demonstrate a secure understanding of the big ideas and concepts of science
- Make sense of evidence collected and presented in a scientific manner
- Recognise the impact science makes on their lives, on the lives of others, on the environment and on culture
- Express opinions and make decisions on social, moral, ethical, economic and environmental issues informed by their knowledge and understanding of science.
In West School relevant teaching contexts and activities will be developed to a depth relevant to the stage, class or group being taught. Teachers may integrate aspects of living, material and physical world as appropriate.