This week in Primary 1

Hello, I am Miss Payne and I am currently a 3rd year student at University of the West of Scotland.  I will be working within the Primary One classroom for 6 weeks (until March 16th).  Each week there will be a blog update about what the class have been doing in my lessons and it will showcase some of their work.

This week, we read “Have You Filled a Bucket Today?” This book is all about being kind to others and “filling each others buckets.” In class, each child has their own bucket and they have the chance to have these filled with pompoms whenever they show kindness or some of the “bucket filling” qualities we came up with together, shown below:

The class have also come up with ways they would like their classroom to look, sound and feel like:

The class have responded very well to this book and have all been trying to fill up their buckets by being kind to one another.  It has encouraged a positive environment within the classroom.  Shown below are the children’s own buckets, as you can see they have all been trying really hard to earn their pompoms!

On Thursday (08.02.18) we will be starting a short sequence of lessons on the Human Body, this will be included in the next post.