Primary 3 Daily Tasks 2/04/20

Good Morning Primary 3! This is the last day before the holidays so let’s make it a good one, infact let’s make it an amazing day. Here are your tasks:

Task 1 – R.E.

After Jesus had prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane, he was arrested and handed over to the Roman governor, Pontius Pilate. Read the Bible story Matthew 27:15-26.
Matthew 27:15-26 New International Version (NIV)
15 Now it was the governor’s custom at the festival to release a prisoner chosen by the crowd. 16 At that time they had a well-known prisoner whose name was Jesus[a] Barabbas. 17 So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, “Which one do you want me to release to you: Jesus Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Messiah?” 18 For he knew it was out of self-interest that they had handed Jesus over to him.
19 While Pilate was sitting on the judge’s seat, his wife sent him this message: “Don’t have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him.”
20 But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowd to ask for Barabbas and to have Jesus executed.
21 “Which of the two do you want me to release to you?” asked the governor.
“Barabbas,” they answered.
22 “What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called the Messiah?” Pilate asked.
They all answered, “Crucify him!”
23 “Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Pilate.
But they shouted all the louder, “Crucify him!”
24 When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “It is your responsibility!”
25 All the people answered, “His blood is on us and on our children!”
26 Then he released Barabbas to them. But he had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

Discuss these questions with someone in your household.
1. Why did Pilate let the crowd decide who he would free?
2. What name did the crowd call out to be set free?
3. What did the crowd shout when Pilate asked them what should happen to Jesus?
4. Why did Pilate wash his hands in front of the crowd?
5. Do you think Pilate really wanted to sentence Jesus to be crucified?
6. Could he have intervened and stopped Jesus from being crucified?

Holy week begins on Sunday, where we remember Jesus’ death and resurrection. Try to make some time for prayer and reflection.

Task 2 – Grammar

Complete your grammar sheet on plurals. This is on the back of your spelling sheet that you did at the start of the week. I have also attached a picture of the sheet. It focuses on plurals. Plural means more than one and we usually add either an ‘s’ or ‘es’ at the end of a word. For example book would become books or bush would become bushes. So for some words I need to add s and other es. Try to complete the grammar sheet below writing the plural form of each picture.

Break
After Break

Mindfulness – colouring

Spend around 10 minutes colouring. It could be a picture of just a mix of colours on the page. You could close your eyes and just see what you end up putting on the paper.

Task 3 – Comprehension

Earlier in the week we read chapter 13 of George’s Marvellous Medicine. The chapter was called ‘Marvellous Medicine Number 3’. You produced some great answers to the questions I gave you. Now I would like you to complete the comprehension sheet (I have attached it below). Remember to write in full sentences and write a complete full answer, I have every confidence you will do this. Question 4 asks you to use a dictionary, if you don’t have access to one you can also look the words up online to get a definition, remember to use swiggle as the search enginge if you can.

Task 4 – Blair Drummond Safari Park

At 12pm Blair Drummond Safari Park are doing a live lesson about animals. It is a fun, interesting video that I am sure you will all enjoy. I would like you to share at least 1 thing you have learned, if you can share more that would be great. It is a facebook link, so please ask an adult to help you.

https://www.facebook.com/blairdrummondSP/

Lunch
After lunch

Mindfulness – breathing

Spend 10 minutes focussing on calm breathing

Task 5 – Choosing

As it is the last afternoon before the holiday, I want us to have some fun. So I am going to give you a list of activities that you could do and I am going to let you choose. You can do as many or as few of them as you like but please share what you have done.
Option 1 – Daily 10 on top marks. I have attached a link to the topmarks website and it will take you to the daily 10. Remeber to select your level and category.
Option 2 – Design an Easter egg. I have attached a blank easter egg that i would like you to colour in and design. I look forward to seeing how creative you can be.
Option 3 – Google quick draw. I have attached a link to the google quick draw website. Have a go and see if you can meet the challenges.
Option 4 – Go on the Explorify website and try some of the activities. Try to do a zoom in, zoom out or odd one out. Remeber to discuss and explain your answers with someone at home (I have attached a link)
Option 5 – Just Dance. I have attached a couple of just dances for you to do

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10

blank easter egg

https://quickdraw.withgoogle.com/

https://explorify.wellcome.ac.uk/en/activities

You can choose another Just Dance if you like

Remember you can do as many or as few activities as you like. I just want you to have some fun this afternoon. I hope you all have a great day

Mr Reid