If you know of a website that other parents/carers might find useful, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will share the link.
Renfrewshire Council website
Parentzone – Education Scotland
DLA – disability living allowance
Education Maintenance Allowance
Scottish Commission for Learning Disability
NAS – National Autistic Society
Cerebral Palsy Scotland
Fragile X Society
When You Wish Upon a Star
Take a Break
National Deaf Children’s Society
CEA card – Cinema Exhibitors Associaton
Independent sources of information and advice nationally include –
Enquire – the Scottish advice service for additional support for learning
Telephone – 0345 123 2303
Email – email@example.com
Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance Ltd – a national organisation which promotes and supports advocacy
Telephone – 0131 556 6443
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
You may find the following websites useful.
• https://education.gov.scot/parentzone/ – parents can find out about everything from school term dates to exam results. This site also offers information for nursery aged children and young people who have left school. It also lists relevant publications for parents and provides hyperlinks to other useful organisations.
• https://education.gov.scot/what-we-do/inspection-and-review/reports – parents can access school and local authority inspection reports and find out more about the work of Education Scotland.
• https://education.gov.scot/parentzone/find-a-school – parents can find out about individual schools. They can choose a school and select what type of information they need such as Education Scotland reports, exam results, stay on rates and free school meal entitlement.
• http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/ – contains information for parents and information on Renfrewshire schools.
• http://www.childline.org.uk/Explore/Bullying/Pages/Bullyinginfo.aspx – contains information for parents and children on varying forms of bullying and provides help for parents and children who are affected by bullying.
• http://www.respectme.org.uk/ – Scotland’s anti-bullying service. Contains information for parents and children on varying forms of bullying and provides help for parents and children who are affected by bullying
• https://education.gov.scot/ – provides information and advice for parents as well as support and resources for education in Scotland
• http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/ – contains information for everyone on equality laws within the government and local authorities.