Good afternoon everyone,
We have a busy few days coming up, so please see below for all homework and news. Let’s have a super week 🎄 😊
Here are your homework activities for the week ahead. As discussed in class, if you have any problems, please let me know straight away.
• Spelling – You will have 6 spelling rule words and 4 common words. Try to add at least one shoot word per spelling word.
Please complete the three spelling tasks for Friday.
1. Copy the words x2.
2. Add at least 3 of your own words using the rule.
3. Write 8 sentences using the spelling rules and common words.
• Reading – Please return all reading books by Friday 13th December. This will ensure that all books are returned before the holiday.
• Accelerated Reader – If you have started a new book, please try to finish it before Friday 20th December. This will allow you to begin Term 3 with a fresh book.
Complete the following word problems in your jotter.
1. Ewan ran 219.8m during lunchtime on Monday. He played football on Tuesday, covering a distance of 134.23m. On Wednesday he ran 156.89m during a game of basketball.
a) What total distance had he run over Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday?
b) If he had run a collective total of exactly 750m by the end of lunchtime on Thursday, how much distance must he have covered during his lunch break that day?
2. Nathan is 1.24m tall. If he was four times as tall:
a)What would his height be in metres?
b) What would his height be in centimetres?
3. Alexandra is furnishing a room at home which measures 4.5m (l) by 6m (b).
a). What is the area of the room?
b) If she buys a bed that is 2.34m wide, how much space will she have left on the side of the room which is:
4. Amy is moving to Dubai for the summer and has decided to take her Ferrari to tour around. On the first day of a three day trip, she travelled 472.87 miles to see the sights. The following day, she drove to Abu Dhabi and explored, driving 156.89 miles in total. On his last day, she travelled an additional 245.69 miles.
a) How many miles did Amy drive in total?
b) If Amy wanted to extend her trip to a 4 day holiday and wanted to cover a total of 1000 miles, how far would she have to drive on day 4?
5. There is 2.581ml of ink left in one of Lewis’s pens and 5.671ml in the other. How much ink does he have in total?
*P.E. is on Tuesday and Thursday this week. Weather permitting, lessons will be outdoors, please bring outdoor kit; joggies/trackies, hoodie/jumper, and outdoor shoes.
*If you would like to order a cookbook(s), please return your order form, along with payment, by Friday 13th December. The cost of the book is £3.
*The Christmas lunch is on Thursday 12th December. As we will be serving the lunch, you are welcome to bring your own apron.
*STEM ambassador meeting is on Tuesday at lunch time in P7C – please bring a packed lunch if you can.