|We are going to be learning about the Holocaust as part of our WWII topic and how the Jews were persecuted by the Nazis. We need to have some background information about Judaism and Jewish beliefs and values. We can then compare Jewish people’s beliefs with our own.|
Each group will be given a specific area of Judaism to research. You must become an expert in this subject by using the websites on the class blog to find out as much as you can. You must be thorough because you might be the only person in your group who has researched this area of Judaism. You will share your knowledge with your home team and as a group you must create a mind map of all of your information.
- History: What is Judaism? Where did it originate from? What is the symbol of Judaism? Who is the founder of Judaism?
- Beliefs: What do Jews believe? What is kosher food? What are the important events in a Jews life?
- Customs: Where do Jews worship? Who leads the service? What is the Jewish holy book called? What is a menorah? What is a mezuzah? What special things do Jews wear?
- Festivals: What are the main Jewish festivals? What is the most important day of the week for Jews? What happens on this day?
|Your group must:· produce a mind map showing all 4 areas of expertise
· answer all of the questions above
· work as individuals in order to succeed as a team