P7C Week Beg 3rd December

Good morning!

I cannot believe we are in December already! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend – I’m looking forward to hearing all about it at check-in.

Let’s have a brilliant start to the last month of the year 🙂

Here are your homework activities for the week ahead. As discussed in class, if you have any problems, please let me know straight away.

Language

• Spelling – You will have 6 spelling rule words and 4 common words. Try to add at least one shoot word per spelling word.
    Please complete the three spelling tasks for Friday.
    1. Copy the words x2.
    2. Add at least 3 of your own words using the rule.
    3. Write 8 sentences using the spelling rules and common words.
  • Reading – Please read Chapters 23, 24, 25 and 26 of Holes in preparation for our in class comprehension tasks. This reading should be completed by Tuesday 10th December.
  • Accelerated Reader – Please ensure you have completed your Accelerated Reader by Tuesday 10th December. We will complete associated activities in class on this day. If you have completed your Accelerated Reader before then, follow the usual pattern – you will still be able to complete associated activities in class.

Maths

Sumdog for homework this week. Please play a little each night.

Other:

*P.E. is on Thursday and Friday this week. Weather permitting, lessons will be outdoors, please bring outdoor kit; joggies/trackies, hoodie/jumper, and outdoor shoes.

*Sustainability Day is on Friday – if you have something for the swap shop, please bring it to school before this date.