P7H Homework WB 18.11.19

Good Afternoon!

I really hope you enjoyed your weekend – I was very proud of your work last week, and our cookbook is almost finished! Let’s have another super week 🙂

Here are your activities for the week ahead. As discussed in class, if you have any problems, please let me know straight away.

Language

• Spelling – You will have 6 spelling rule words and 4 common words. Try to add at least one shoot word per spelling word.
    Please complete the three spelling tasks for Friday.
    1. Copy the words x2.
    2. Add at least 3 of your own words using the rule.
    3. Write 8 sentences using the spelling rules and common words.
  • Reading – Please remember that your personal reader is due for Tuesday 26th November. 

Maths

Please complete one section of the following questions in your Maths Homework jotter for Friday 22nd November. Remember to write the date, title and show all of your working and write a sentence to show your final answer, where appropriate. Please make sure that you are challenging yourself! I will speak to you tomorrow in class if you should be attempting only the Hot challenge.

Hot

1) What do I need to subtract from 22 to get 15?

2) Peter has 26 marbles. Simon has half as many. How many does Simon have?

3) A school has 84 pupils. One day 17 are away. How many are left in the school?

4) The Maths Rats had a party. Divvy ate twelve sausages, Multi ate five, Addy ate nine and Subby ate six. How many did they eat altogether?

(5) What is 30 take away 10 add 7?

(6) What is half of 20 add 9?

Very Hot

(1) I bought three books for £24.21. How much does it cost for one book?

(2) Charles takes his two children to the cinema. It cost £6.00 for himself and £3.00 for each of his children. How much is the total?

(3) A lamp cost £20.00 however the buyer realised there was a scratch. The owner of the shop decided to reduce the lamp by £5.00. How much did the lamp cost?

(4) One cake cost £4.50. How much would it cost for five?

(5) I bought three footballs for £27.18. How much does it cost for one ball?

(6) David takes his two daughters swimming. It cost £6.00 for himself and £1.50 for each of his daughters. How much is the total?

(7) A bike cost £60.00 however the buyer realised there was a scratch. The owner of the shop decided to reduce the bike by £15.50. How much did the bike cost?

(8) One decoration cost £3.60. How much would it cost for six?

Extreme

(1) I bought three books for £10.20. How much does it cost for one book?

(2) Charles takes his two children to the cinema. It cost £9.80 for himself and £5.30 for each of his children. How much is the total?

(3) A lamp cost £20.00 however the buyer realised there was a scratch. The owner of the shop decided to reduce the lamp by a quarter of the price. How much did the lamp cost?

(4) One cake cost £1.29. How much would it cost for five?

(5) I bought three footballs for £7.20. How much does it cost for one ball?

(6) David takes his two daughters to the cinema. It cost £10.50 for himself and £6.30 for each of his daughters. How much is the total?

(7) A bike cost £74.86 however the buyer realised there was a scratch. The owner of the shop decided to reduce the bike by £16.99. How much did the bike cost?

(8) One decoration cost £3.40. How much would it cost for six?

Other:

*P.E. days are Tuesday and Thursday this week.

*Masterclass is on Wednesday – if you are taking part in fitness masterclass, please bring your P.E. kit.