P7H WB 20/01/20

Good Evening

Please see below for this week’s homework, updates and reminders:

Language

• Spelling – Complete the three tasks for Friday 24th January
    Reading – You should be finished your book by Tuesday 28th January, unless I have spoken with you in class. Tests are available to take in class at any time.

Maths

Other

We have dancing on Tuesday which you will require clean trainers for. You will also have Gymnastics with Miss Hughes on Thursday and will need a full P.E kit.

Burns Poems – You have had your Burns poem at home for a good while and should have been practising. You must rehearse your poem and be prepared to recite to our class and one other class tomorrow. 

Please return Burns Supper Invitations to the Administration Group by Wednesday 22nd January.

P7C Week Beg 20/01/20

Good morning and happy Monday!

Last week was a busy one, but we were extremely productive. Your STEM project with P1C has now started and your designs are looking super!

I’m looking forward to catching up with you all at check-in, but until then, please see below for this week’s homework, updates and reminders:

Language

Reading – You should be finished your book by Tuesday 21st January, unless I have spoken with you in class. Tests are available to take in class at any time.

Maths

Other

Our gym slot on a Thursday has now changed to a Tuesday. Please remember to bring kit for this. This change is permanent. Our Friday gym slot remains the same.

Burns Poems – You need to choose one of Robert Burns’ poems to practice and recite for our annual school competition on Thursday 7th February. You must rehearse your poem and be prepared to recite to our class and one other class by Tuesday 21st January.

Please return Burns Supper Invitations to the Administration Group by Wednesday 22nd January.

STEM project – please bring in any additional resources that you require. We have four weeks left of this project.

P7S Week Beginning 20/1/20

Good Morning,

Here are your activities for the week ahead.

If you have any problems, please let me know straight away.

Language

• Spelling – Complete the three tasks for Friday 24th January
    Reading – Your new reading book was handed out by Friday 10th January and should be completed by Wednesday 22nd January.
  • Accelerated reader – Throughout the year, please read extra texts from our Accelerated Reader library on top of the class novels. Record what you have read and then complete our Accelerated Reader tasks in class.

Maths

Other

We will be practicing our Scottish Country dancing on Monday and Tuesday. We also have PE on Friday. Please remember to bring in your PE kit.

Burns Poems – You need to choose one of Robert Burns’ poems to practice and recite for our annual school competition on Thursday 7th February. You must rehearse your poem and be prepared to recite to our class and one other class by Monday 20th January.

Please return Burns Supper Invitations to the Administration Group by Wednesday 22nd January.

Author visit March 3rd 2020

We are very excited to announce the visit to the school of local author Lindsay Littleston.  She will be speaking to children in P5-7 about creative writing and life as an author.  Her books will be available to purchase on the day at the price of £6 each but there is absolutely no obligation to buy!  Children can bring cash on the day if they wish to buy.

She will be reading from her latest novels, The Titanic Detective Agency and Guardians of the Wild Unicorns.

It will be a fun, interactive presentation with a quiz, book reading and question and answer session.

Mrs Campbell (Literacy Champion)

P7H WB 13.01.20

Good morning!

Please see below for homework, notes and reminders. It’s going to be a busy week, so stay organised 😊
Spelling: As always, please write out your words and associated sentences. If you are writing a paragraph, you can write two or three of these and include a variety of spelling words in each. Remember you should have at least one shoot word per spelling word. In addition, don’t forget to add 3 words with the same sound/rule.
Reading: You have been issued with your new book. This should be completed by Tuesday 28th January, unless I have spoken with you regarding your book. Tests can be completed in class at any time.
Maths: BODMAS worksheet. If you should only be completing section A, I will have spoken to you. Everyone else  should complete all of Section A and five or more problems from Section B.
Burns poem: – Thank you for telling me which Burns poem you will be reciting. You should now begin to practise. We will perform our poems to both our class and another class on Tuesday 21st January. Please let me know if you need a copy of the poem. The performance expectations can be found in an earlier blog post.
Notes: 
*Gym this week will be on Tuesday and Thursday. You will require kit for Thursday but only trainers for Tuesday as we will be completing another Scottish Dance session.
*The next payment for the residential trip is now due and can be made via Parent Pay. Please contact me straight away if there are any issues re this.

P7C Week Beg 13/01/20

Good morning – I hope you’ve had a lovely weekend and I look forward to checking in with you. Last week was extremely busy in class but we accomplished a lot – let’s have a fabulous five days 😊

Spelling: As always, please write out your words and associated sentences. If you are writing a paragraph, you can write two or three of these and include a variety of spelling words in each. Remember you should have at least one shoot word per spelling word.
Reading: You have been issued with your new book. This should be completed by Tuesday 21st January, unless I have spoken with you regarding your book. Tests can be completed in class at any time.
Maths: BODMAS worksheet. You  should complete all of Section A and five or more problems from Section B.
Notes: 
*We will be starting our STEM project with P1C this Friday. You should begin to gather any resources that you need. I can provide sellotape, scissors, glue etc, as well as some recycled bits and bobs.
*Gym this week will be on Thursday and Friday. You will require kit for Thursday but only trainers for Friday as we will be completing another Scottish Dance session.

P7S Week Beginning 13/1/20

Good Morning,

Language

• Spelling – Complete the three tasks for Friday 17th January

Maths

Please complete your pupil choice, order of operations daily worksheet for Friday 17th January.

Other

P.E days are Monday and Friday. We will also be starting our Scottish Country Dancing in preparation for the Burns Supper.

Burns Poems – Please let me know your chosen poem by Monday 13th January.
You must rehearse your poem and be prepared to recite to our class and one other class by Monday 20th January.

Robert Burns Research

Please take suitable notes in your topic jotter that can be transferred into your fact file.

As a class we will watch the following videos:

The Story of Robert Burns

Robert Burns

Robert Burns – Life and Times

Using the ipads, you should use the following links to research the life and history of Robert Burns.

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/robert-burns-interesting-facts-explained-for-kids-1-4347310

https://www.notablebiographies.com/Br-Ca/Burns-Robert.html

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofScotland/Robert-Rabbie-Burns/

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Robert-Burns

Robert Burns

Who was Robert Burns?

Robert Burns: Biography

Happy researching!