We have enough children who have returned forms to enable us to go ahead and perform at the School Fair on Saturday. We have our final rehearsal tomorrow (Wednesday) at lunch time – 12.15 in Miss Mackay’s classroom. It would be good if you bring a packed lunch. On Saturday, we will be performing at 2 o’clock for about 20 minutes on the stage. We will meet at 1.55pm in the P7 cloakroom near the stage.
Hope to see you all tomorrow. Miss Mackay and Miss Cuthill
It’s that time of year again. The Christmas postboxes are out in school. If children wish to post a Christmas card to someone in school please put the child’s name and class on the envelope. If you think there are 2 people with the same name please put second initial too eg. Sam M . The P3 Christmas posties will deliver your card for you.
A quick reminder that tomorrow is house art day. If possible you can wear house colours 🙂 Remember we will be doing lots of Christmas art activities so take this into consideration when picking what you will wear ( You don’t want paint all over your favourite jumper).
Hope you are all looking forward to it,
Miss Gemmell, Miss Altman & Mr Morrison
Hi everyone 🙂
Here is the maths homework for this week.
The focus of this weeks homework is working with decimals. In class we have also been working on fractions and percentages, try to use this knowledge to help you with some of the questions.
Remember to try your best 🙂
1. Write 0.67 as a fraction
2. What is 48% as a decimal?
3. 1.87 – 0.02=
4. 4.2m + 6.8m=
5. 7 x 0.3 kg=
6. 10 x 6.3=
7. 10 x 68.8=
8. Write in decimal form 23 hundredths.
9. Write in decimal form 4 hundredths.
10. Write 1/2 as a decimal.
- Write 0.88 as a fraction
2. What is 75% as a decimal?
3. 3.8 – 2.17=
4. 9.22 + 3.14=
5. 6 x 1.56 kg=
6. Write 17 hundredths in decimal form.
7. What is 3/4 as a decimal?
On average, children grow 0.58 cm a month.
8. How much would an average child grow in 8 months?
9. Eva had a growth spurt and grew three times faster than an average child. How much more would Eva had grown?
10. 0.44 x 4 – 1 =
Please visit the weblink below for instructions how to get started with ParentPay:
A reminder that Parentpay is not only for school meals and the snack bar. All payments such as school trips must be paid through this system as we are now a cashless school.
If you have not already logged on, please do so as soon as possible. If you experiencing any problems logging on, please call the school office between 8.30am-4pm.
Thank you for your support.
Apologies for the late homework blog.
Spelling this week.
Rule – sion & ssion.
This week we have been looking at the relationship between fractions, decimals and percentages. We have also looked at how you can use fractions to solve simple problems.
- 1/4 of 16m=
2. 1/2 of £32 =
3. 1/6 of 30cm =
4. 2/3 of 18miles =
5. 2/5 of 40kg =
6. A sale was on in Top Shop for 1/2 off tops that were normally £8. What price were they now?
7. Stephanie sold a third of her 24 stickers. How many did she sell?
8. Write the decimal and fraction for 23%
9. Write the percentage and decimal for 47/100
10. Write the percentage and fraction for 0.67
- 3/4 of 56m=
- 2. 1/7 of £63 =
3. 4/6 of 36cm =
4. 2/8 of 88 miles =
5. 2/5 of 120kg =
6. A sale was on in Top Shop for 2/7 off tops that were normally £42. What price were they now?
7. Stephanie sold an eighth of her 168 stickers. How many did she sell?
8. Write the decimal and fraction for 10%
9. Write the percentage and decimal for 1/4
10. Write the percentage and fraction for 1.78
This week we will be revising some of the words which we have learnt in previous weeks. Please remember to find the root and practise any shoot words. Please also double check the spelling of shoot words.
Revision – question, postmodern, centimetre, superstructure, microwave, autobiography, megaphone, construction, millionth, microscope.
Maths – Maths homework this week is SumDog as we are competing in a contest across Renfrewshire.
Miss Altman, Miss Gemmell and Mr Morrison
This weeks spelling words are listed below. Please remember to complete your maths in the same jotter. Maths homework has been posted separately.
Please remember to bring your reading book every day.
Rule- post & tion
Hi everyone 🙂
Here is the maths homework for this week. This week we are looking at different questions using decimals.
If you think you could tackle some of the hot challenge then give it a go! Remember all we ask for is you try your best.
Please read each question carefully.
Any issues then please let us know.
- 4.8 + 5.1 =
2. 6.7 + 2.5 =
3. 0.44 + 3.50=
4. 7.7 – 4.2 =
5. 3.29 – 0.43=
6. An empty pot weighs 0.6 kilograms. 5.7 kilograms of food is added to the pot. What is the combined weight?
7. Stephanie travels 5.8 km by motorbike. Grant travels 6.7 km and Beth travels 3.2 km. What is the combined distance travelled?
8. £4. 65 + £2.88 =
9. 4.53 x 2 =
10. 9.23 x 3=
- 3.82 + 1.14=
2. 7.66 add 3.28=
3. 718.4 – 511.86=
4. 2.5- 0.50=
5. 3 – 0.84=
6. 23.8 multiplied by 4
7. 345.6 x 3=
Show your working for the following questions :
8. A tray of grapes weighs 4.2 kilograms. What is the weight of 8 trays?
9. Rachael is paid £154.64 for working 8 hours.
How much does she earn per hour?
*10. A lift can hold a maximum of 8 people. There are 26 people in a queue for the lift.
Jake calculates that the lift will take three journeys, since 26 divided by 8= 3.25 which rounds to 3.
Explain if you think Jake has answered this correctly.