Daily Tasks for Friday 27/03/2020

P.E. with Joe Wicks- He will be live from 9:00am on this link. https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1 Please wear appropriate clothes for P.E. (You will be roasting in that onsie!)
Spelling Quiz- Please ask someone at home to quiz you on your spelling words. Ask them to use it in a sentence.
RME Hinduism Comprehension- Remember to highlight key words in the question and link that to the passage.
HWB Make someones day- A nice way to end our first week in digital space.
Week 1 Maths Roundup Quiz- Checking if there are any bits we need to go over.
Also Project- I’m going to extend the deadline for this until next Tuesday to help folk who were having technical difficulties. It was meant to let you explore different parts of the virtual classroom.

PRIMARY 6 MATHS

Hello everyone, today we are continuing to look at our volume and capacity topic.  Have a look at the video linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKCE8ohIBqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF3JSnEq7tU

After watching the videos you could give some of the Volume games on Topmarks a go. These will help to develop your understanding.

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Search.aspx?q=volume

Can you find 3 items around the house and list the volume/capacity of the items ?

1.

2.

3.

If you manage this you could try the mild OR hot pages that are attached. This will look at a variety of measurements we have covered. Some of this sheet requires you to match up items, you could use your jotter to do this or if you are doing it in a word document just put the measurements next to each other.  Any issues then please let me know!

Daily tasks 26/03/2020

Good morning. P6M Bishopton Primary 2019_20 I hope you are keeping well. Remember to get out and play in the garden when you can as it is important to stay active. This is why I have started your day with a work out every day.

The tasks for today are:

• P.E- Again I have asked Joe Wicks to step in and do a little workout. He will be live from 9:00am on this link. https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1 Please wear appropriate clothes for P.E. (You will be roasting in that onsie!)

If the link doesn’t work then search for youtube and from there look for the body coach tv.

• Starter Spelling– Please complete an active spelling task.
  • Literacy– Back by popular demand is the inspired by story. This is your chance to impress with how many grammar tricks you can use to excite readers. There is no maximum for words but I think that you will need at least 200 words to develop your story.
  • Maths- A little recap on volume, measure and weight today.
  • Project- Day Four is creating your powerpoint to celebrate your chosen topic. Double check the assignment for details.

Spelling 26/03/2020

KS2-Spelling-Menu

Hola Spellers,

Your spelling revision for this week is a return of two end patterns. -ate and -ible.

Remember if you are unsure of what the words means please check in a dictionary.

Hibernate, complicate, certificate, chocolate,

invincible, convertible, possible, gullible.

Thursday is time to practice your words. Look, cover, write and check please.

And then

Choose one activity to complete from the menu. Upload the activity evidence to this assignment or put it into the literacy part of your class notebook.

The Inspired By Story!

story writing checklist

Instructions

You are so lucky!

I am so excited for this task as I know just how good a group of Primary 6 writers that we are blessed with.

I’m taking the shackles off. I’m only going to give you one instruction.

1. Write from something that you know!

What I mean by this is think of the stories that you have grown up with. We are lucky to be surrounded by quality literature in Bishopton Primary School. Take elements of a story that you love and see if you can create a new tale.

It could be the missing pages from the Diary of a Wimpy Kids, or forgotten tales from Hogswarts, or even Olaf vs Summer (aka Not So Frozen!).

Now this can be typed or handwritten. We only ask that you remember all of those previous writing lessons.

Can I see paragraphs, hyperbole, metaphors, alliteration, personification, correct punctuation… don’t waste an opportunity to add exuberant, vibrant vocabulary.

Really enjoy the process of creating something.

A very jealous,

Mr M

p.s your teachers are on hand to support your creations so run those ideas past us and ask if you need reminding of anything.

Maths – Volume

Volume – is a measurement of how much space is taken up by a 3 dimensional (3D) shape.

The units used in measuring liquid volumes are millilitres and litres.

Have a look at the website below to support your understanding of Volume.

https://www.mathsisfun.com/measure/metric-volume.html

Please complete the textbook pages which are linked below.

I would also like you to log into SumDog and play for at least 20minutes. I will be playing along with you if I can!

Reading Comprehension

Due tomorrow at 11:59 PM

Instructions

It’s Wednesday and we all know what that means.

You scream, I scream, we all scream… reading comprehension! Yeah!

Now is your time to really show off. You know you can do this!

Mild Gandhi

Hot Gandhi

Tip 1) Read the passage twice!

Tip 2) Colour code your questions so you can see information clearly!

Tip 3) Check your answers twice, and make sure no other answer is better.

Ready….steady….slow down and read everything carefully.

Mr Morrison

Friction Investigation

Due tomorrow at 11:59 PM

Instructions

Hello curious minds,

Ever wondered why the tyre on your bike slows down if you are not pedalling. Or why it is harder to slow down when running in new trainers?

Well today you get to indulge your curiosity. I would like you to watch this video on what friction is and then with your parents permission you may want to try one of the experiments yourself.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/science-design-and-technology-ks2-investigating-friction/z6vb47h

After that I would like you to complete the attached worksheet and then hand it in to this assignment.

Happy experimenting,

Science

Friction

Primary 6G- PROJECT

Instructions

Good Morning, for the rest of the week once all your other tasks are complete, I would like you to complete a personal project. This is completely your choice but it must be something that makes you Happy. We are all trying to keep our spirits up and I thought sharing what makes us all happy would help. Please follow the outline below.

Tuesday: Choose the topic of your personal project. Remember it must be something that makes you happy when you think about it. Once you have chosen this then you can put together a mood board.

Open up a word document and fill it with pictures that link to your chosen topic. These will come in handy later so make sure to fill the page.

Add a brief three/ four sentence paragraph explaining what your topic is and why you choose it. Maybe say why it makes you happy.

Hand this in on the assignment page by uploading the document there.

Wednesday: Compose a poem about your chosen subject.

Make sure to choose your words carefully. I’m looking for up levelled vocabulary.

Thesaurus may be required.

Try to express with your words the feeling of joy that inspired you to choose this subject.

These poems are to by uploaded to the FILES tab inside the poetry folder there. Try dragging your poem pic/ document from your desktop to the folder.

Thursday: Gather information for a presentation. I would like you to use your class notebook to store the information. Remember that you already have a whole bunch of photos from Tuesdays task.

Friday: Time to put together a PowerPoint presentation on your chosen subject.

Think about transitions, colour theory and not overloading slides. 4 to 5 key points on any given slide. 2 to 4 pictures. The poem and the mood board should help you in this editing process. This should be uploaded to the assignment page when completed.

This should hopefully help you to navigate with my help around the Teams Classroom.

All questions welcome. Use the Teams post board, chat and email to enquire about anything.

Good Luck

Miss Gemmell