P6S News 09.05.22

Hello P6S Bishopton Primary,
Here is a little reminder of news for this week:
Spelling:
Your spelling rule to revise this week is words ending in ance and nge. You should write out each word 3 times, look for root/shoots and then write 6 sentences or a short story. If you need any help just let me know 😊
Maths:
This week we are continuing to look at equivalent fractions. I have set a revision style task to recap on what we learned last week. The final question is a simplifying challenge as this is what we will be learning this week. If you need any help just let me know 😊
Reading:
You should read for at least 10 minutes every day.
New Big Cats books will be issued on a Tuesday.
When you are ready for an Accelerated Reader test let me know and I will set up the Ipad 😊
News:
PE is on a Wednesday and Thursday. Please remember a change of shoes for the gym hall 👟
On Thursday we will be meeting our P1 buddies for primary 7. Please make sure you are dressed appropriately for the weather as we will be outside weather permitting. 🌦️
Parents evening appointments were given out on Friday the 6th of May. Please return your signed slip ASAP 🖊️
The Bike Ability level 1 cycling award will be starting in June for P6S. You have received a letter with dates and information regarding bike safety. The sessions for P6S will take place on: 8th, 15th and 22nd June 🚲
I hope you all have a wonderful week,
Miss Moore

P6A & P6M Sound Experiments

@STEM_Ren

@RaiseScotland

Primary 6A and Primary 6M loved learning all about how we hear sounds and how sound travels. They rotated around different sound experiments with sound travelling through solids, liquids and gases to determine how fast it travelled through each medium. Some pupils in P6M even used the water pots to create a song using different amounts of water in the pots.

P6A Homework & News – 09.05.22

Good Morning P6A Bishopton Primary ⭐, I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Here are some reminders for this week.
Spelling – This week we are looking at revising our term 1 words. Your task will be posted in the assignment area at 8am tomorrow. I have also set a LiteracyPlanet task to go live tomorrow as well.
Maths – We are looking at number bonds for homework this week. Please choose medium of hot to complete. Remember to use the skills we use during our number talks to help you. (Counting on and back and chunking)
Reading – To be completed for Wednesday 11th May,
Accelerated Reader – Every night, take a quiz when completed.
Group Novel – Danny Champion of the World Chapters 7, 8 & 9
Treetops – Doohickey and the Robot, up to chapter 3.
News –
Monday & Friday PE, remember to bring a change of shoes for the gym hall.
Parents Night – Please return any tear off slips.
Have a lovely day and I will see you all tomorrow.
Miss Altman 👋

P6A Solo Talk – Due 7th June 2022

This term we are focusing on our presenting skills. You are asked to plan, prepare and present a solo talk on a subject of your choice. Your solo talk is due for the 7th June and will be presented on the 7th or throughout the rest of the week. All information can be found on Teams in your assignment area.  Please read the success criteria which has been added below.
I look forward to hearing about your chosen subject.
Good Luck!
A Vector Illustration Of Student Having Science Project Presentation  Royalty Free Cliparts, Vectors, And Stock Illustration. Image 60596997.

P6A Parents Night

Please could you return the pupil/parent response sheet and the tear off slip, stating whether you wish a face-to-face meeting or a phone call. Parents appointments will be issued on Friday using the same times as the October parents nights.

Thanks

Miss Altman

P6A Homework & News – 02.05.22

Good Morning P6A Bishopton Primary⭐, I hope you are all enjoying the long weekend. Here are some reminders for this week.
Spelling – There will be no spelling homework this week. We will revise in class instead. The rest of this term will be lots of revision of the rules covered. I have attached a link here to the spelling rules we have covered this year. spelling rules P6 2021-22.doc You may want to save this to help you revise.
Maths – Please log onto SumDog, I have scheduled some revision tasks for you to complete at home.
Reading – To be completed for Wednesday 4th May,

Group Novel – Danny Champion of the World Chapters 5,6 & 7 Treetops Stage 12 – Me and My Newt Complete book.                      Sea Empress Disaster – Complete book

News –                                                                                                                        Monday 2nd May – Holiday                                                                                    Tuesday 3rd – Swimming in the morning, please come prepared. Thursday 5th – In-service day, pupils off.

Have a lovely day and I will see you all tomorrow. 👋

Miss Altman

News 29.05.22

Hello P6S,

I hope you have a wonderful long weekend! Remember we don’t return to school until Tuesday the 3rd of May. Please remember that Thursday is also an inservice day next week.

Spelling:
This week our spelling rule is words ending in age and ege. As it is a three day week your homework will be on literacy planet, you should complete the games and assignment for your spelling rule. If you need any help let me know.

Maths:

As this week is a 3 day week I have set a revision task on Sum Dog for you to complete. If you need any help let me know.

Reading:

You should be reading for at least 10 minutes every day. When you are ready for an accelerated reader test just let me know. New big cats books are issued every Tuesday.

News:

We have swimming on Tuesday the 3rd of May. Please remember to bring: towel, swimming costume and £1 for the locker.

P.E. is on Wednesday, please remember a change of shoes for the gym hall.

Well done to every one who handed in their maths research this week. I was blown away with how detailed the research on your mathematicians was. Everyone who handed it in has received a house point we and raffle ticket for our weekly class prize draw. I have attached a photo of some of the hard work displayed on our maths wall, well done!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Miss Moore