Eco Committee

Hello P6,

This is a reminder to bring a packed lunch tomorrow if you are a member of our school’s Eco Committee. There will be an Eco Committee meeting during lunch tomorrow, you will have your lunch with your committee groups.

Have a nice night,

Miss Moore  & Miss Altman

Homework & News 20.09.21

Good Morning P6A,

I  hope you had a lovely weekend. This weeks spelling homework is a revision week of spelling rules from the last 4 weeks.

Wreckage, Orphanage, Acceptance, Clearance, Hesitancy, Confidence, Revenge and Privilege.

When completed, please upload your work to the assignment area on teams or complete your homework in your homework jotter and hand it in on Thursday.

Maths 
This week we are focusing on your multiplication skills, complete the times table challenge worksheet on teams, you can practise your skills here – https://www.timestables.co.uk/
Reading
Please remember to bring your reading book everyday. On Wednesday you will receive a new reading book. If you have finished your Accelerated Reader, please remember to complete a quiz in class and let me know so that I can get you another book.
News
PE is on Tuesday this week.
Friday 24th and Monday 27th are holidays.
We will also be painting on Tuesday, please bring in an old t-shirt to cover your school uniform with.
Have a lovely week and a fabulous long weekend.
Miss Altman

Friday Afternoon – Astronaut Research

Here is our task for this afternoon. Good luck!

Learning Outcome:

I can extend and enhance my knowledge of digital technologies to collect, analyse ideas, relevant information and organise these in an appropriate way.

TCH 2-01a

I can use digital technologies to search, access and retrieve information and am aware that not all of this information will be credible.

TCH 2-02a

Astronaut Research Challenge

Skill for Learning:

·       Creativity – We can design and produce a power point about an important astronaut.

Social Skill:

·       Equal Participation – Each member of the group shares the work load fairly.

Task

An Astronaut is a person who is specifically trained to travel and work in space. They are extremely experienced in flight, and it takes many years of study to become one.

Your task today is to research some of the most important Astronauts and create a power point about them.

You may choose at least 3 astronauts from the following list:

Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong, Guion Bluford, Yuri Gagarin, Gus Grissom, John Glenn, Sally Ride, Alan Shephard, Valentina Tereshkova or Mae Jemison.

Success Criteria

Your power point must:

·       Contain information about at least 3 astronauts.

·       Contain a variety of text in your own words. It should not just be copied and pasted.

·       Upload appropriate images.

·       Use appropriate punctuation, spacing and layout.

·       Contain the work of all group members.

·       Be saved and shared using GLOW.

You have 80 minutes to complete this task.

* ** *** ****
Contribution to academic goal I worked towards the group goals only when I was prompted. I sometimes needed prompting to work towards the group goals. I worked towards the group goals without prompting; I accepted and carried out my individual role in the group. I actively worked towards the group goals; I carried my individual role in the group and did it to the best of my abilities.
Consideration of others I needed regular reminders to be sensitive to the feelings of my team mates. I showed some sensitivity to the feelings of my team mates. I showed sensitivity to the feelings of others and encouraged them to join in. I showed sensitivity to the feelings and needs of others; I valued their opinions, ideas and skills and encouraged them to contribute.
Contribution of knowledge I contributed information and ideas only when I was prompted. I contributed information, ideas and opinions but sometimes had to be prompted. I contributed information, ideas and opinions without prompting. I actively contributed good quality information, ideas and opinions .
Working and sharing with others I joined in only when prompted and I mostly relied on others to do the work. I sometimes needed prompting to join in and often needed reminding to do my share of the work. I willingly joined in and did my share of the work without needing reminding. I actively joined in and helped drive the team forward and did my share of the work to a high standard.

Use the links below to help you research.

https://www.ducksters.com/science/physics/astronaut.php

https://www.universetoday.com/45089/famous-astronauts/

https://www.britannica.com/topic/astronaut/Notable-astronauts

https://www.teachervision.com/astronauts-space-flights/people-space-pioneers

https://spaceandbeyondbox.com/the-six-most-famous-astronauts-and-five-more-you-should-know/

https://smrtenglish.com/smrt/lesson/405/3478

Homework and News

Hello P6S,

Your homework has been posted on Teams and is due to be handed in or submitted on Teams on Friday, the 17th of September. Your maths homework is in a Chilli Challenge format which is attached to the homework assignment. Please choose and complete one in your jotter or on Teams.

Our PE days are Tuesday and Friday, please remember to come in relaxed uniform.

Just a reminder that the school photographer will be in the building on Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th of September.

Please remember to return any outstanding parents evening slips, thank you.

Keep up all of the enthusiasm and hard work!

Miss Moore

Homework & News 13.09.21

Good afternoon P6A Bishopton Primary, your homework has been posted on teams. Your maths homework is in a Chilli Challenge format attached to the homework assignment. Please choose and complete one in your jotter or on teams. Remember to bring your reading book in every day, we will swap our books on Wednesday or when you have finished reading them.
Wednesday and Thursday are school photograph days.
Have a lovely week,
Miss Altman

Reading Books

Good Afternoon,

Reading books have been issued to your child today.  Children are encouraged to read for a minimum of 10 minutes a night. When reading with your child please use the 3 P’s – Pause, Prompt and Praise if they are unable to read a word. Another strategy you could use is the Three Sharings: 1. What are your likes/dislikes about the book? 2. What are your puzzles/questions about the book? 3. Can you find any connections in the book? Does it remind you of anything in your life or a book or film/TV you have seen?

Please could children bring their books into school every day. Reading books should be handed back on Wednesday 15th September.

P6 Homework 06.09.21

Good Afternoon,

This weeks homework has been posted on teams and below. Our PE days are Tuesday and Friday, please come in your relaxed uniform.

Spelling Rule – -nge & -ance

When completed, please upload your work to the assignment on teams or complete your homework in your homework jotter and hand it in on Friday.

We have also added a link to a spelling wordsearch to help you practise your words. https://thewordsearch.com/puzzle/2728829/nge-ance-spelling-words/

Exchange

Lounge

Cringe

Revenge

Acceptance

Clearance

Disturbance

Fragrance

Strong

Decided

Contain

Course

Maths Homework
This weeks maths is revising tenths. Please complete the worksheet on teams.  Here is a link to a video to help you https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zr6pvcw. Remember to also ask in school if you are unsure.
Reading
Reading books will be issued on Wednesday, please make sure that your reading book is brought to school everyday. Try to read for 10 minutes a night and practise reading aloud.
Have a lovely week!
Miss Altman

P6 Homework 30.08.21

Good Morning,

We hope you had a lovely weekend and enjoyed the sunshine. This week we are starting homework. Your child has a homework jotter and letter in their schoolbags. The homework has been posted on teams for your child to complete, however they can  complete tasks in their homework jotter and return it to school on Friday.

Spelling – age & ege words

Please complete using the look, say, cover, write and check method 3 times, write 6 sentences, find the root and shoot words and complete an active task.  Active Spelling Menu

Courage, Wreckage, Orphanage. Marriage, Privilege, College. Allege, Siege, Quickly, Became, Shown, Minutes.

Maths – Chilli Challenge 4 operations

Maths Homework wk1

Welcome P6S

Hello P6S!

I wanted to write you all a message to say how much I have enjoyed hearing about your summer holidays and getting to know you all during our first two weeks together. I have been very impressed by how hard you have all worked!

Homework

• We will start homework next week.
  • This week we will go over our spelling tasks and remind you how to access your spelling on Teams. If you are unsure of your login details, please let us know and we can sort this for you.

PE

• PE days for P6S are Tuesday and Friday. 
  • Please come to school in your relaxed school uniform/footwear for taking part in PE outdoors.

I hope you have a great end to your week with Mr McAvoy, I look forward to hearing about our new space topic from you all on Monday.

Remember I am always here to help you if you need anything.

Miss Moore

Week Beginning 23.08.21

Good Morning P6,

We hope you have had a lovely weekend and are ready to start the new week. It was lovely to get to know you all and hear all about your summer break. This week is another busy week as we will be starting our topic of Space. Homework will start next Monday. This week we will go over our spelling tasks and remind you how to access your spelling on teams. If you are unsure of your login details, please let us know and we can sort this for you. If you have any school resources from P5 at home could these be returned this week also.

P6A & P6S PE days Tuesday and Friday

P6M PE days Moday and Wednesday

Thank you,

Miss Altman, Miss Moore, Mr McAvoy & Mr Morrison