Good afternoon everyone! Well, what a busy week that was! We had Maths Week Scotland where we learned all about maths in many of our lessons …… and not just our maths lessons! We have also had a couple of trips out of school – I hope you enjoyed them.
Here is your homework for this week. As always, reminders are at the bottom of the post (there are quite a few this week).
Spelling: Please complete either list 22 or 33 in your spelling jotter. The task has changed slightly this week due to us having a shorter week in school. Please copy each word out twice and complete 3 sentences using spelling rule words. As always, your sentences should be uplevelled as much as possible by using ambitious VCOP. This task should be completed and returned to school by Thursday.
Reading: Book Detectives was issued on Friday. Please click here for further details of your homework task.
Personal Reading Challenge: You now have 4 weeks left of our Personal Reading Challenge. You are aiming to read the number of books you decided on at the beginning of term. We already have someone in class who has achieved their target which is just fabulous! Once you complete a book, it should be recorded in our class reading record.
Please bring your book to school as this will allow you to read it during our ERIC sessions.
Topic: You now have 2 weeks to work on this project. All details can be found here. Please remember to manage your time wisely – do not leave everything until the last moment!
Maths: As it is a short week, there will be no official maths homework. However, if you wish to complete additional practice of your tables, please use the links below. You may also access Sumdog and play the games if you have time. Additional practice is always beneficial.
H&WB: There have been a number of photographs posted on our blog over the last week. Please show them to someone at home and leave a comment on the blog. The comment can be about what they think of what we have been doing and/or what you have enjoyed. This should be completed by Thursday.
- Tomorrow (Monday) we will be having our first Read & Munch with Primary 1. You may, if you wish, bring some fruit or vegetables to eat while you read.
- P.E. will be on Tuesday this week. A few of you are still not bringing a proper change of kit. Please ensure you have shorts and a separate t-shirt to change into. Any girls wearing tights should bring socks to wear during our P.E. sessions. Also long hair should be tied back.
- There are still some homework jotters needing covered. Please cover these if you haven’t already done so. If you require paper, please ask.
- Information regarding how you may help “design our container” was issued last week. If you wish to take part in the “design our container” task please remember this should be returned to school by Wednesday 20th September.
- If you wish to take part in the design competition for BAE Systems, please click here for further details.
- Parents’ Night request forms will be issued this week. Please return them as soon as possible.
- It is a short week as September weekend is nearly here. School will be closed on Friday (22nd) and the following Monday (25th).
See you in the morning.