Good afternoon everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend so far. Homework is now well under way and the standard is certainly improving from week to week. Keep it up! Here is your homework for the coming week. As always, our reminders are at at the bottom of the post (we have quite a few this week).
Please remember, if you are unsure of any aspect of your homework, to ask in class as soon as possible. You may also leave a comment on the blog for me. Please DO NOT leave any questions until the day your homework is due as this will be too late.
Spelling: You should complete either list 21 or list 32 in your jotter. Please remember each word (12 in total) should be written out twice in your jotter. A further two words with the same spelling rule should be found and recorded in your jotter. Choose 5 of your spelling words and write an uplevelled sentence for each of them.
Please ensure you are including a date and title at the beginning of your work. Your title should be your list number. This task should be completed and returned to school by Friday.
Reading: Book Detectives homework was issued on Thursday and should be completed for this Thursday (7th). Please click here for details of the task.
Personal Reading Challenge: You now have 6 weeks left of our Personal Reading Challenge. You are aiming to read the number of books you decided on at the beginning of term. Please remember you should be reading your personal reader at home, not just during ERIC time. Once you complete a book, please remember to record it in our class reading record.
Please bring your book to school as this will allow you to read it during our ERIC sessions.
Maths: I was very impressed at how well the maths homework was completed this week. Keep an eye on our blog for some examples of very good work.
Please remember ALL workings should be shown (this will allow me to see any mistakes you may have made in your calculations) and a sentence answer should be given, eg. There are 258 boys in Bishopton Primary School. Please date your work and give it a title.
Please click the relevant group below to access your homework. This task should be completed in your maths homework jotter for Friday.
If you wish to complete additional practice of your tables, please use the links below.
- P.E. is on Tuesday and Friday. Please ensure you have a full kit to change into. This should include shorts/leggings, suitable trainers and a change of t-shirt.
- Please cover ALL of your homework jotters if you haven’t already done so. If you require paper, please ask.
- Homework letter tear off slips regarding internet access should be returned as soon as possible.
- Some PATHS consent forms have still to be returned.
- Trip consent forms and money should be returned as soon as possible.
- Our consent form for local walking trips have been issued. The sooner they are all returned, the sooner we can organise our first trip to the library.
- Information regarding how you may help “design our container” was issued last week. If you wish to take part in this, please hand in your completed design by Wednesday 20th September.
- Our Travel Champions visited us on Friday to tell us about their work. They also told us about their competition where you can design a road safety poster about walking to school. This should be completed on A4 paper and returned to school by Friday 8th September. You may just win our class some extra playtime! Please click here for all the details.
See you on Monday.