P5A wk beg 6/12/21

Good afternoon,

I hope you all had a good weekend.  Homework and news as follows:

Spelling – This week our spelling sounds are augh, ough and gh as in naughty, brought and ghostly.  We have 8 words with these sounds and 4 common words.  Please complete the tasks in the green homework jotter.

Thoughtfully 

Brought 

Naughty 

Distraught 

Caught 

Bought 

Ghostly 

Nought 

Five 

Stepped 

Morning 

passed 

Maths – This week we are starting our work on symmetry.  Our homework will be given out on Tuesday this week.  It would be great if the children could also look for things that are symmetrical in their home environment.

Reading – The children will be given their reading books on Monday.  Please read a little each night.  These books will be due in on Friday 17th December.

Teams – It would be great if the children could log into Teams through Glow this week and leave me a short message saying hello.

News

On Tuesday we will continue our P.E at the cornerstone.  Please ensure your child has a pair of shoes to change into and a suitable jacket for the walk.  Thank you.

Christmas jumper day is on Friday of this week – Friday 10th December.  The children can come to school in their Christmas jumpers. This can be a jumper decorated with tinsel or artwork.  The Pupil Council have organised this once again and have been working hard making posters to highlight the Save the Children charity around the school.  A suggested donation of £1 would be gratefully received and can be paid through parent pay.

Friday 10th December is also Christmas lunch day.  If your child has preordered a lunch they will have it this day.

Our P5A Christmas entertainment will be a Google Meet on Monday 13th December now at 2PM.  I am sorry for the change of time.  I will send out a google meet invite to your parent email address on Thursday of this week.  Please let me know if you do not receive a google meet invite on Thursday.  The children have been practising their songs and words and can’t wait to entertain you all.

Have a great week and thank you as always for all of your support.

Mr Ramsay