P5S – Homework w/b 17.06.2019

Image result for smiling face

Good afternoon! I hope you are having a lovely weekend. Please keep reading for your homework and reminders for the coming week.

If you are unsure of any aspect of your homework, please remember to ask in class as soon as possible. You may also leave a comment on the blog for me. Please DO NOT leave any questions until the day your homework is due as this will be too late.

Spelling:  List 36 should be completed for homework. As always, you should write all of your words out twice in your spelling jotter. Please complete five sentences. Try to include a variety of interesting VCOP. Please remember that we should not be using openers I, My, The, It, There or A as we are continuing to up-level our work as much as possible. Each sentence should include a spelling rule word. You should also find two further words that include the same spelling rule. This task should be returned to school by Friday.

Personal Reading Challenge: We have 2 weeks left of term 4  so please do you best to achieve your target. Personal reading should be completed as often as possible (not just during ERIC time) to allow you to achieve your target. Remember your Accelerated Reader book counts towards your target. Once you complete a book please add it to your reading passport.

Please remember to bring your book to school as this will allow you to read it during our ERIC sessions.

Reading: For homework you should be reading your Accelerated Reader book. Please try to read a few chapters each night. Remember to read aloud to someone.

Please check at home for any reading books which have not yet been returned to school. These may be core reading books or books from our class library.

Maths: Homework is to take part in the Sumdog competition which is taking place. You should aim to answer as many questions as you can between now and the contest finishing on Thursday. I will be checking the leaderboard each evening to see how you are getting on. If you are unable to access Sumdog, please let me know and I will issue paper homework for you this week.

Topic: Please click here  for details of your final personal project of Primary 5. Presentations will begin the week beginning Monday. Remember to use some of your time to practice presenting your project to someone at home.

1.  P.E. will be on Tuesday and Friday.  A number of you are not bringing a change of top to school. Please ensure you have a full change of kit.
  2.  Tuesday is Seasons for Growth day. A donation of £1.00 is requested.
  3.  Our Titanic Open Afternoon is on Friday from 2.15pm-3.00pm. We are looking forward to showcasing all of the wonderful work produced this term.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend. See you tomorrow.

Mrs O’Neill