P5S – Homework w/b 10.06.2019

Image result for smiling face

Good morning! I hope you have been having a lovely weekend. I am looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow – I have missed you! Homework and reminders for this week can be found below.

If you are unsure of any aspect of your homework, please remember to ask in class as soon as possible. You may also leave a comment on the blog for me. Please DO NOT leave any questions until the day your homework is due as this will be too late.

Spelling:  List 35 should be completed for homework. As always, you should write all of your words out twice in your spelling jotter. Please complete five sentences. Try to include a variety of interesting VCOP. Please remember that we should not be using openers I, My, The, It, There or A as we are continuing to up-level our work as much as possible. Each sentence should include a spelling rule word. You should also find two further words that include the same spelling rule. This task should be returned to school by Friday.

Personal Reading Challenge: We have 3 weeks left of term 4  so please do you best to achieve your target. Personal reading should be completed as often as possible (not just during ERIC time) to allow you to achieve your target. Remember your Accelerated Reader book counts towards your target. Once you complete a book please add it to your reading passport.

Please remember to bring your book to school as this will allow you to read it during our ERIC sessions.

Reading: Your allocated reading for this week should be completed for Thursday. Please read aloud to someone at home remembering to use expression where needed. You should discuss your book using the Three Sharings method: What do you like/dislike about the book?, Is there anything that puzzles you about what you have read?, Do you have any connections with what has happened/characters within the book?

Maths:  To allow you time to complete, and practice, your Titanic personal project, there will be no official maths homework this week.

However, if you wish additional practice of your tables, please access the multiplication trainer below.

Multiplication Trainer

Topic: Please click here  for details of your final personal project of Primary 5. You have 1 week to complete your project. Presentations will begin the week beginning Monday 17th June. Remember to use some of your time to practice presenting your project to someone at home.

1.  P.E. will be on Tuesday and Friday.  Please ensure you have a full kit. Long hair should be tied back.
  2.  Our annual Talent Show will be held on Wednesday and Thursday. If you have been chosen to take part in the show, you will be performing on both days. Please click here for all of the relevant details.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend. See you tomorrow.

Mrs O’Neill