Please read each question carefully. Remember a date and title (your group name) should be given. Layout of your work should be the same as in your class jotter. All workings should be shown and a sentence answer given.
- Abbey and Sofia love to draw. Between them they have 1269 colouring pens and pencils. They shared them equally between themselves and Eilish. How many pens/pencils did each girl have? If each pen/pencil has a value of 9p, what would the total bundle cost?
- Last weekend Millie and Leah went shopping for their dance costumes. They each bought a top at £3.99, a pair of leggings costing £3.50 and a headscarf that was £1.99 . How much did they spend in total? If they each paid with a £20.00 note, how much change did they receive?
- Ruaridh and Innes decided to run up and down the grassy patch beside the huts 8 times in total. If the grassy patch is 8.12metres in length, what distance did the boys run? What distance was this in centimetres?
- Rio and Evan were invited to a chess tournament. They were asked to arrive at 10.15am. If it took the boys 1 hour and 47 minutes to travel there, what time would they have to leave Bishopton?
- There are 27 children in our class and 33 in P1P/P1S. If four tenths of the children brought a piece of fruit to our Read & Munch session, how many children did not?