Please read each question carefully. Remember a date and title (your group name) should be given. Layout of your work should be the same as in your class jotter. All workings should be shown and a sentence answer given.
- Ruaridh had a bag of Jolly Ranchers. He gave away ½ of the pack to his friends. If there were 44 sweets in the pack, how many sweets did Ruaridh give away?
- In P5S there are 27 pupils. ⅓ of the children have already brought their field shoes into school. How many children have brought their shoes in?
- At lunchtime there was 32 children in Picnic Paradise.⅛ of them put their litter in the bin. How many of them disposed of their litter properly?
- Out of the 40 cars in the car park, ¼ are dark coloured. How many cars are light coloured?
- There are 546 children in our school; one sixth of which regularly have a school lunch. How many children regularly have a school lunch and how many do not?