P5S – Homework w/b 15.04.2019

tango face smile big by warszawianka - Smiley icon from Tango Project: http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project <br><br> Tango Project icons are Public Domain.

Good morning everyone! I hope you have had a fabulous time over the last couple of weeks. I cannot believe we have arrived at term 4 already: Primary 5 will be over before we know it!  Homework and reminders for the coming week can be found below.

If you are unsure of any aspect of your homework, please remember to ask in class as soon as possible. You may also leave a comment on the blog for me. Please DO NOT leave any questions until the day your homework is due as this will be too late.

Spelling:  List 28 should be completed this week. You should write all of your words out twice in your spelling jotter. Please complete five sentences. This week I would like you to include a variety of interesting VCOP. Please remember that we should not be using openers I, My, The, It, There or A as we are continuing to up-level our work as much as possible. Each sentence should include a spelling rule word. You should also find two further words that include the same spelling rule. This task should be returned to school by Thursday.

Personal Reading Challenge: Our Personal Reading Challenge will be beginning again. Please be thinking about your target for this term. What do you think you will realistically achieve? Personal reading should be completed as often as possible (not just during ERIC time) to allow you to achieve your target. Remember your Accelerated Reader book counts towards your target. Once you complete a book please add it to your reading passport.

Please remember to bring your book to school as this will allow you to read it during our ERIC sessions.

Reading: Reading books will be issued on Thursday. Please read aloud to someone at home remembering to use expression where needed. You should discuss your book using the Three Sharings method: What do you like/dislike about the book?, Is there anything that puzzles you about what you have read?, Do you have any connections with what has happened/characters within the book?

Your reading should be completed for Thursday 25th.

Maths:  Please access the relevant link below for your maths homework. You have two weeks to complete this task due to the holiday weekend. This task should be completed and returned to school by Friday 26th.

Fibonacci

Pythagoras

Euclid

1.  Report cards were issued at the end of last term. Please return your confirmation slips as soon as possible.
  2. P.E. will be on Tuesday.  P.E. kits were taken home before the holidays for washing so please ensure you have a full P.E. kit for Tuesday. Long hair should be tied back.
  3. This is a short week. School will be closed on Friday 19th and the following Monday (22nd) for Easter.

See you in the morning.

Mrs O’Neill