P5 – Greece Personal Project

Image result for greek flag

Over the next 4 weeks you should prepare a personal project presentation on Greek Gods and Goddesses. You will then present your project to the class the week beginning Monday 10th December.  The criteria and task sheet can be found below.

Greek Gods and Goddesses Personal Project Presentation

Learning Outcome:  I can research a  given topic and create a detailed presentation.

Through investigating and reflecting upon the lives and teachings of significant figures from world religions, and drawing from upon moral values as expressed in religious scriptures and other stories, I am beginning to understand how these have influenced the morality of world religions.   RME 2-05a

I can recognise how the features of spoken language can help in communication, and I can use what I learn. I can recognise different features of my own and others’ spoken language. ENG 2-03a

Skill for Learning

Application & Knowledge: I can apply my knowledge of a given topic to plan and produce an interesting presentation.

Skill for Work

I can organise my time and resources independently to ensure my presentation is completed in the allocated time.

Background

To build further on your presentation skills you have to prepare a personal project to present to your peers. Presentations play a huge part in our learning and being able to present to your peers, with confidence, is a great skill to learn.

Task

What you need to know: Your personal project should be about any of the Greek Gods or Goddesses.

What you need to do: You can present your project in any way you choose. This might be in written form, a PowerPoint presentation, a booklet, a video or even a model. In other words, you have the choice to choose the way you feel will best help you to demonstrate your knowledge of your chosen topic. This project is all homework based therefore you need to think about the resources you will have access to: books, library, internet, personal accounts etc. Please try to present your project in a different format from that of term 1.

What you need to think about: You can use whatever you need to describe your personal project: pictures, videos, props etc. Try to think about why you picked this area for your project. What was it that interested you about it? Remember some people in class may know nothing about the area you have chosen to discuss, so you must explain it in detail.

How to get started: Get all of your ideas down on paper and then decide which ones are the most relevant and will best engage your audience. If you require any resources (paper, etc.) from school please ask.

Product Criteria

·         You have 4 weeks to pull your presentation together so use your time wisely. You will be presenting your information to the class the week beginning Monday 10th December 2018. Remember to try and present your information in a creative way.

·         This is an independent research project. It is your responsibility to organise your time effectively and ensure you are putting in enough effort.

·         Everyone will approach this task in different ways so don’t worry if your friends are doing something different from you. Have faith in what you have to say and it will all work out.

·         This is your chance to show just how well you can take responsibility for your own learning.

Happy researching!

Mrs O’Neill