P5 – Brazil – Personal Project

Learning Outcome: I can research and create a detailed presentation on and area of Brazil that is of interest to me. Using what I know about the features of different types of texts, I can find, select and sort information from a variety of sources and use this for different purposes. LIT 2-14a

Skill for Learning: Application & Knowledge: I can apply my knowledge of Brazil to plan and produce an interesting and creative presentation. 

Skill for Work: I can organise my time and resources independently to ensure my project is completed in the allocated time.

Background

In class we have been learning about a variety of aspects relating to Brazil. Now it is your turn to become independent historical researchers! You are being asked to find out about an area of Brazil that is of particular interest to you and share your findings with your peers.

Task

What you need to know: You are free to complete your personal project in any way you wish. You can pick something very specific (the Amazon rainforest, a particular city or famous person) or something a bit more general (Brazilian general knowledge). If you wish, you may even choose an area we have not covered in class.

What you need to do: You can present your project in any way you choose. This might be in written form, a PowerPoint presentation, a booklet, a video or even a model. In other words, you have the choice to choose the way you feel will best help you to demonstrate your knowledge of your chosen topic. This project is all homework based therefore you need to think about the resources you will have access to: books, library, internet, personal accounts etc.

What you need to think about: You can use whatever you need to describe your personal project: photographs, videos, props etc. Try to think about why you picked this area for your project. What was it that interested you about it? Remember some people in class may know nothing about the area you have chosen to discuss, so you must explain it in detail.

How to get started: Get all of your ideas down on paper and then decide which ones are the most relevant and will best engage your audience.

Product Criteria

• You are free to present your researched topic in any way you choose. However, try to think outside of the box a little. In other words, be creative!
  • Your presentation should be between 2-3 minutes in length.
  • You have 4 weeks to pull your project together so use your time wisely. You should be prepared to bring your completed project to school on Monday 11th December.
  • This is an independent research project. It is your responsibility to organise your time effectively and ensure you are putting in enough effort.
  • Everyone will approach this task in different ways so don’t worry if your friends are doing something different from you. Have faith in your project and what you have to say and it will all work out. This is your chance to show just how well you can take responsibility for your own learning.

2 thoughts on “P5 – Brazil – Personal Project”

1. Hi Jo-Ann, P5D are also to complete this project. I will be discussing it in more depth with the class tomorrow.
      Many thanks,
      Mr Donaldson