P5 – Beatriz Milhazes – Homework Task

Image result for brazilian flag

As part of our Brazil topic we will be looking at the Brazilian artist, Beatriz Milhazes. Next week in class we will be recreating some of her paintings. For homework this week I would like you to access the link below and familiarise yourself with her work. For additional information on her background you should click the Biography tab on the homepage.

Some of the vocabulary used is a little tricky but please remember if you are unsure of what a word means, you should use a dictionary (or ask) to check the definition.

You should then write a short paragraph (no more than 50 words) about Beatriz and her work. This should be in your own words as much as possible – DO NOT just copy directly from the text. Let me know your personal thoughts on her paintings. Think about the following questions when writing your paragraph.

• When and where was she born?
  • What style of art does she create?
  • What do you think of it?
  • Why do you think that?
  • Is there a particular painting you like?
  • Why do you like it?

Beatriz Milhazes

You should leave your paragraph as a post on our blog and I will publish them all at the end of the week. If you are unable to post on the blog, please complete your paragraph on paper. This task should be completed for Friday.

19 thoughts on “P5 – Beatriz Milhazes – Homework Task”

1. Beatriz Milhazes is a Brazilian artist born in 1960 in Rio de Janerio. The style of art is done through collages. She uses different materials like sweet wrappers, paint and paper. I think her paintings are beautiful and cool because they are so colourful. My favourite painting is called Jamaica. It is my favourite because it is colourful and unique.

1. Beatriz Milhazes was born in Rio de Janeiro in 1960. She makes abstract paintings with lots of shape. I think her art is colourful and unique. I think her art is unique because it has weird unusual shapes. I like the Flip Flop because it has rows of shape.

Aaron

1. Beatriz Milhazes was born in 1960 in Rio de Janeiro. She is a famous Brazilian artist. Her style is very complex and she is known for very colourful and abstract pieces of work. One of her most famous painting was the Carambola that she created in 2008. I think that her paintings are very pretty and she should definitely continue. My favourite is the Nega Maluca. It was made in 2006. It is my favourite because I love how it looks like a flower with stars behind it. Beatriz is still painting to date. Some of her paintings are displayed in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York or Carnegie Museum of Art in Pittsburgh or Reina Sofia National Museum in Madrid.

Mia

2. Beatriz Milhazes was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 1960. Her bright prints, paintings and collages are influenced by her national heritage. I love the vibrant colours and patterns in her work. I find it cheerful and uplifting. My favourite is Batucada as I like the use of hearts.

1. Beatriz Milhazes

Beatriz Milhazes is a famous artist from Brazil, born in 1960, Rio De Janeiro. She paints original, colourful paintings. I think Beatriz’s work is beautiful because of the detail and colour she puts into her art. I love the painting As Irmas (2003), because of the different colours and tiling.

2. Beatriz Milhazes was born in 1960 in Rio de Janeiro. Her art is colourful with lots of shapes and patterns and is a mixture
    of old and new styles.In general I like the paintings because they are interesting and not what they seem. Sometimes I can
    see more than patterns. My favourite is The Mirror because it looks like a butterfly and smoke.

3. Beatriz Milhazes was born in 1960 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The style of art she uses is kaleidoscopic. I think it is a pretty nice type of art. I like it because it is colourful and has lots of shapes. I like Serpentina as there are lots of colourful circles in it.
    Alexander

4. Beatriz Milhazes was born in 1960 Rio de Janeiro. She is an artist who creates art using shapes and bright colours. I like her work because it is so bright and colourful. My favourite picture of hers is Rosa Branco No Centro. I like it because the colours in it.

-Emma Hill

5. Breatriz Milhazes was born in 1960 Rio de Janiero. Breatriz paintings are fantastic, bright and colourful. My favourite painting is Water Dreaming because it makes me happy and has a pretty flower in it. The studio that she works in is located in Rio de Janeiro. Although her studio is small she has worked since 1987.

6. Beatriz Milhazes was born in 1960 in Rio de Janeiro. Beatriz’s art work is very colourful and she uses lots of swirls and circles. It looks like you are looking down a kaleidoscope. I think they are confusing because I cant make out what they are. My favourite is Jamaica 2007 because it makes 2D shapes look like 3D shapes and is a big puzzle for your eyes.

7. The artist Beatriz Milhazes was born in 1960 in Rio de Janeiro. She creates colourful abstract paintings and prints. She sometimes uses shapes and patterns inspired by living in Brazil. I think her paintings are very colourful and bright and she uses her imagination well. The painting I like most is O Passeio em Rosa e Marrom (The Ride in Pink) because it is colourful, simple and uses basic shapes.

8. Beatrix Milhazes was born in 1960 in Brazil and is a well known Artist. She creates colourful patterned paintings and prints. I think her paintings are very colourful and descriptive. I think it looks like each painting is telling a story using shapes. My favourite is the Jamaica, 2007 painting. It is vey bright and looks like a 3D flower. It is very eye catching.

9. Beatriz Milhazes is known for her colourful geometric pictures I think”they are simple but good .”She is inspired by Brazilian culture .She was born in Rio De Janeiro where she works and lives .My favourite painting is small windows because it has lots of small shapes.Her pictures are shown in Europe and America.from James

10. Beatriz Milhazes is a Brazilian artist born in 1960 she has lots of different paintings mostly with swirling with geometric and arabesque shapes her paintings are beautiful full of colour amazing detail is put into her paintings

Fraser Pate

11. Beatriz Milhazes is an artist with very nice pieces of art. She was born in Rio and has worked there for quite a while. She makes baroque art, which is a style of complicated designs. I think her art has nice colour schemes and pretty patterns. My favourite painting was Water Dreaming because I love the colours and the floral backround. I also liked the stripes. Overall I really like her art style and I hope she always carrys on making her work.

12. Beatriz was born 57 years ago in Rio De Janeiro. She is known for her colourful abstract paintings and prints. When I first saw her paintings I thought they were very good and creative. My favourite painting is Havai ( Hawaii) because it is nice and colourful.

13. Beatriz Milhazes was born in 1960 in Brazil.Her style is colourful abstract paintings and prints swirling with geometry and abstract shapes.I think the bright colours are good and it all stands out and I love the shapes. I think it is good. The painting I like the best is Untitled. I like it because it looks like waves and the shapes are cool.