Happy Easter!

I can’t believe we are at the end of term and how strange it feels!  I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your support, particularly over the last fortnight.  Your children have been amazing and I am incredibly proud of them all.  I am sending out their reports over the course of this afternoon, to your child’s glow email address.  I would be grateful if you could let me know you have received it.

Have a great 2 weeks off – I know it is going to be difficult but as I said to the children today, a time to do all the things we never have time for because we are all so busy!  Stay safe and healthy and I will see you all on April 20th!

Mrs Campbell

P5R Thursday 2nd April

Good evening, I hope you all had a good day.  Below are the tasks for Thursday.  Do your best and make sure you have some fresh air, relaxation and exercise time too.

It was spoken about with Bishopton staff that it would be nice for the children to all design and display an Easter Egg picture in their windows so that passing children could count how many they see in the village.  This is one of our tasks for Thursday.

Tasks

Literacy – Spelling quiz

Look through Easter Powerpoint.

Complete an Easter Acrostic poem.

Maths – Manga High challenge

Art – Design an Easter egg to display in your window for Easter Egg display.

Lego challenge – Choose one of the Lego challenges to complete.

We were going to have another Zoom meeting on Thursday but we are no longer using Zoom so I will try to connect via Teams.  However, if this is not possible, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a wonderful Easter Holidays and thank you as always for all of your continued support and kindness.

Take care.

Mrs Fulton

P5R Tuesday 31st March

Below I have listed tasks for Tuesday 31st March.  Do what you can and make sure you have some time for reading, relaxing, exercise and fresh air.

I will also be emailing out the Pupil Reports this week.  They will be sent to the child’s individual email before close of school on Thursday 2nd April.  Please don’t hesitate to get in contact if you don’t receive it by then.  Have a great day and thank you for the lovely video chat today through Zoom.  We will try to have another one on Thursday before the Easter Holidays.

Tasks

Literacy – Spelling task  – rhyming words.

Boggle task with the words Easter Holidays  Try and make                       as many words as you can.

Maths – Grouped Tallies task.

RME – Passover Jewish Festival task

Have a great day and thank you for all of your continued support.  Take care.

Mrs Fulton

P5R Monday 30th March

I hope you all had a great weekend.  I will detail the tasks below that have been set for Monday.  As always do what you can and make sure you fit in some exercise time (Body Coach) and fresh air.

I have also set up a Zoom class video chat for 11am on Monday.  To access please click on the  Zoom link on Microsoft teams that was posted on Friday.  This should let you set up an account and access the chat at 11am.  This is the first time we have done this so don’t worry if it doesn’t work tomorrow.  We will try to do at least one video communication each week.

Literacy – Revision of 100 common words.  Choose 12 tricky words to revise this week, copy out twice and write a sentence for 6 of the words.

Maths – Access Manga High and Sumdog.

Topic – Debating task.

Have a great day and remember to fit in some relaxing and fun time.

Mrs Fulton

Thank you for this week!

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to each and every one of you for your support and patience this week.  Your children have all been amazing.  I hope you can all make the most of the weekend, staying safe and well.
Every morning next week it would be great if the children can join in with the Body Coach on YouTube and complete the session between 9 and 9.30am.

I will post around 4 tasks each day, either on a post in the Teams chat or in the assignments.  When the children have completed these, they can do other things such as reading, playing educational games online, do a jigsaw/puzzles, go out into the garden.  They are not expected to be at a screen from 9am until 3.15pm!   These are very different circumstances and you need to do what suits your family.

Thank you again and I will see you all on Monday!

Mrs Campbell

P5R Friday 27th March

I hope you are all well and looking after each other.  Below are the planned activities for today but please do what you can and take a break if needed.  This is just a guide and what you do has to fit in with your day.  There is no expectation to get every task done everyday and please have fun free time and fresh air each day.

Literacy – spelling, newsround, feelings paragraph

Art – view finder home art

Have a great day and a relaxing weekend.
Mrs Fulton

Zoom tomorrow

Good afternoon.  Thank you again for all of your help today.  I have scheduled a Zoom meeting for tomorrow morning at 11am to give all of the children the chance to come together and say hi!  I have posted the meeting number in Teams.  If you download to app on your device, you join a meeting.  You don’t have to sign up to anything.  We will try it out and see how it goes!  If all the children can mute the mic at the bottom left had corner when they come on it should help with interference.

Wish me luck!

Mrs Campbell

Thursday 26th March

Good morning everyone!

Thank you so much for all of your hard work and patience again yesterday ( parents included!). All of the assignments for today are on the teams page.  Again, please do not worry if things don’t upload first time-come back later.  Jobs for today are-

morning starter

spelling-roots and shoots

pe

language-a 2nd newspaper task

Mangahigh maths

topic

food diary

Keep safe and calm!

Mrs Campbell

P5R Thursday 26th March

I hope you are all well and looking after one another.  I will list below the tasks for Thursday.  Please remember do only what you can and make sure you have some free time and fresh air.  Technology is still unreliable at times so please don’t worry if tasks do not upload etc.  I have put on to try Manga High.  If you didn’t receive a log in for this site, I will try and email it across tomorrow.  Until then, play some of the other Maths games if you can.

Spelling  – Roots and shoots

Literacy – Perspective Writing task

Maths – Quiz and Ict games

Paths – scenarios

P.e – Fitness workout and fresh air.

Have a great day and as always thank you for your continued support.  I will continue to upload the next days tasks the night before so they are ready for the morning.

Mrs Fulton

Tuesday 24th March

A massive thank you from me to all of your children and to you!  Today was much smoother – there are still some technical errors but we are working on them.  Just a few pointers to help tomorrow –

the assignments I put up are all I expect the children to do and they can do them in any order and at whatever time suits your circumstances.  I do not expect anything extra!!!!!

if something won’t upload, close it and go back later.  Teams shows me who has viewed the task, even if they can’t hand it in.

Lots of things can be done away from the computer – practising tables, reading, listening to a story, helping a sibling with work, going out to the garden to play, arts and crafts.

I have put chapter 13 of our class novel on a previous blog which the children can listen to.

This is a time for us all to be taking one day at a time.  I truly appreciate the effort and the enthusiasm the children have for learning and I have told them they are an amazing team!  Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions.

Best wishes

Mrs Campbell