Final week of P5c!

Good morning

I hope you had a lovely weekend.  There is no homework this week.  Please return any reading books you have at home.

Tomorrow we have our virtual author visit with Lindsay Littleson.  Any ordered books will be delivered to the school on Tuesday afternoon.

We also have our virtual assembly at 1pm.  Google meet links have been sent via email and no one has contacted me with any issues.  We look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Friday is our last day and we close at 1pm.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your continued support and patience through another difficult session.  The children have been amazing!  Nothing has phased them  and they all worked so hard both in class and online.  This has been reflected in their reports.  They are a credit to you and I know that they will continue to thrive in Primary 6.  It has been a real joy to teach them.  I wish you all a very safe, restful holiday with lots of time to chill and recharge the batteries!

Best wishes
Mrs Campbell

P5R wk beg 21.6.21

Good evening,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  I can’t quite believe this is the last week of Primary 5 for our children.  They are a wonderful class and I wish them all the very best for Primary 6.  Thank you for all of your continued support this year and I wish you all a lovely summer break when it comes.

On Tuesday 22nd June we will be having our virtual assembly.  This will start at 1:00 pm and will last approximately 30 minutes.  You should have received a google meet link through your email for this assembly.  If you have not  received this please send me an email and I will reply with the link.  All going well we will see you at 1:00 pm on Tuesday.

The summer reading challenge has launched and details can be found here. Summer Reading Challenge

I would like to take this opportunity again to thank you all for your continued support and patience this year.  It has been a very unusual year again but the children have been just wonderful and a pleasure to teach.  It has been lovely getting to know all of the children and I hope they all have a great summer holidays when it comes.

We close for the summer holidays at 1pm on Friday 25th June.

Mrs Fulton

Bird feeder help!

As part of our John Muir Award,  we are going to make bird feeders.  We are looking for old mugs or cups.  The handle can be missing, they can be chipped too!  Please bring these in as soon as you can.  Children will only be using their own mug.

Thank you in advance!

Mrs Campbell

Author Virtual Visit!

On Tuesday 22nd June, in the  morning, Primary 5 will be having a virtual meet with award winning children’s author, Lindsay Littleson.  Lindsay wrote our current class novel – The Titanic Detective Agency.  She will have books available for the children to purchase at the special price of £6 per book.

If you would like a SIGNED and DEDICATED copy of any of the books listed please provide the following details  and return it with payment to the class teacher by Friday June 18th.

If you want your book(s) personally dedicated please print the child’s FIRST NAME only in BLOCK CAPITALS  (if ordering for different children please indicate which book you’d like for each child or use a separate form).

FIRST NAME(S) for dedication ……………………………………………………..

Child’s surname …………………………………………………………….     

Please put payment and order details into a sealed envelope .  Books will be delivered before the end of term.

QUANTITY TITLE PRICE
  The Mixed-Up Summer of Lily McLean £6 *
  The Awkward Autumn of Lily McLean £6 *
  A Pattern of Secrets £6 *
  Guardians of the Wild Unicorns £6 *
  The Titanic Detective Agency £6 *
                    TOTAL  

Please make any cheques payable to LINDSAY LITTLESON             * special offer            Cash payments are accepted – DO NOT USE PARENTPAY    

Home

We are so excited about this event and can’t thank Lindsay enough for giving up her time.

Primary 5 teachers

P5R wk beg 14.6.21

Good evening,

I hope you all enjoyed the sunshine this weekend.  Homework and news for this week as follows:

Homework

Reading – Reading books are due in on Friday 18th June.  Please can you ensure that all reading books from home are handed in on or before this day.  Thank you.

News

On Tuesday 22nd of June from 1:00 to 1:30 we will be having a virtual class assembly.  The children will be telling you all what we have been learning for the past few weeks.  I will be sending a google meet code to the parent emails tomorrow afternoon for this meeting.  Please don’t share this code with any other class as it is unique to our class assembly meeting.  If you do not receive an invite meeting code by Tuesday, please email me at gw07fultonrachel01@glow.sch.uk and I will sent it to you.

Please can you send in an empty plastic bag for the children to send home their work this week.

Thank you as always for all of your support this year.  I can’t quite believe we only have 2 weeks left before the end of P5.  The children have been a delight to work with this year.

Mrs Fulton

Assembly and week beginning 14th June

Good morning

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.  I cannot believe we have only 2 weeks left in Primary 5!!!!

First of all, I have sent all parents a google meet invite for our end of term assembly on Tuesday 22nd June at 1pm until 1.30pm.  Please do not share this link with other classes as it is only for our class.  You can of course share with another parent/guardian within your own family.  Could you let me know if you have not received the email – it may have gone to spam or junk.  My email is gw14hunterlorna@glow.sch.uk.

The children will be delighted to know that there is no homework this week – they may be given some activities to complete during the week for our John Muir award but that will be all!

If there are any school reading books in your house, please could these be returned by Friday?  Could children also bring a spare bag to take home any of their work/belongings?  If your child is reading an accelerated reading book they have until the end of term to complete it.

As always, any questions, please get in touch.

Mrs Campbell

End of term assembly

Primary 5 would like to invite you to our online assembly.

Date  Tuesday 22nd June

Time 1-1.30pm

Venue  Google meet

All classes will be live streaming our end of year assembly.  We will be emailing you the details of the Google meet code over the next few days to your account, not the children’s glow or Teams.

We hope as many of you can join us as possible.

Primary 5 Teachers

P5R wk beg 07.6.21

Good evening, I hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed some sunshine.  News and homework for this week as follows:

Homework

Spelling –

Our spelling sound this week is the prefix tele.

telescopic                          telegram

television                           telepathy

telemarketing

telescope

televise

telecommunication

telegraph

teleport

Tasks

Monday – Write/ type the words out twice.  Remember to look for sounds, special friends and distant friends.

Tuesday – Choose 2 words and write a rhyming word for each.  Choose 2 words and write a root and shoot word for each.  For example for television the root word would vision and you could find the word visions for a new shoot word.

Wednesday – Choose 5 words and write a sentence for each.

Thursday – Revise your words for your spelling quiz on Friday.

Maths – Sumdog competition

Reading – New books will be given out on Tuesday 8th June and will be due back in next Friday 18th June.

News

Thank you for all of your support sending the videos in for the end of term song and for sending the children in with their house t-shirts last Thursday.  We can’t wait to see the finished end of term concert.

Have a great week.

Mrs Fulton