P4 Solo Talk – Friday 11th June

You have 4 weeks to plan, prepare and rehearse for a solo talk on a subject of your choice. You can present your talk in any way you like, for example, using props, notes, a powerpoint, a booklet or even a model. However, as this is focusing on the talking part you must ensure you are able to talk confidently about what ever you choose.

Learning Outcomes:

• I make full use and value the opportunities I am given to improve and manage my learning and in turn, I can help to encourage learning and confidence in others. HWB 1-11a
  • I am exploring how pace, gesture, expression, emphasis and choice of words are used to engage others, and I can use what I learn. ENG 1-03a

Hints and Tips:

• You are free to present your researched topic in any way you choose. However, try to think outside of the box a little. In other words, be creative!
  • The talk should last between 2-4 minutes.
  • You have 4 weeks to organise your talk so use your time wisely. You should be prepared to present yourself on Friday 11th June.
  • This is an independent research project. It is your responsibility to organise your time effectively and ensure you are putting in enough effort.
  •  Everyone will approach this task in different ways so don’t worry if your friends are doing  something different from you. Have faith in your chosen subject and what you have to say and it will all     work out. This is your chance to show just how well you can take responsibility for your own  learning.
  • Rehearse your talk. Practise what you are going to say and how you are going hold any props or cards. Do it in front of your family, pet and toys!

Please read the success criteria in the Teams Assignment.