P4 – Summariser and The 3 Sharings

Think about the last book you have read. This may have been a book at home, a class reader or an accelerated reading book.

Your task is to try and summarise the book. This means you need to tell us what the story is all about, picking out the most important parts.

Next, use the 3 Sharings to discuss the book.

1. What did you like/dislike about it?
  2. What was tricky to understand in the book?
  3. What other books/movies does it remind you of? Does it remind you of anything in your own life?

P4F Here we go! Good morning to you……

Hi All,

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend. As you know we are going to be using 4F Teams  on Glow to keep in touch and carry on with  our learning.  Please don’t panic about anything, there will be hitches and it is all new to me as well. I would like you to sign in at some point  every day, (except weekends of course!) to let me know you got onto Teams and accessed the Assignments.  All you need to do is say a quick  “hello, got them!”  Any questions, just type away and I will get back to you with an answer ASAP.

Remember to reply the same way, by continuing the same feed and not starting a new one. Just as you tried, at school last week.             For those of you who  weren’t at school.  Go into your Glow account, tap on the house symbol at the side.  Wait, then click on 4F teams.  A message column will appear on the right hand side, scroll down until you see my name and “Good Morning 4F”, click on it, type your message then the first arrow under it to send.  For those of you who weren’t at school on Friday, I will send out MangaHigh logins later today.

I will be on Teams at  0900 /9am with our greeting for the day!

Hope to hear from you at some point in the day,

Regards, Miss Mackay

P4M – Monday 23rd March

Next week we will be using Teams through Glow to access your home learning. Most of you have had a good practise using it in class and have shown a great understanding of it. As we discussed there will probably be a few technical difficulties at first but I know you will persevere and let us know of any problems to see if we can help you.

There will be tasks set for you through Teams some of them you can complete on the computer/iPad/tablet/phone, some of them should be done using the yellow jotter you were provided with (if you were in school on Thursday 19th) and others should be completed in other ways .e.g. doing an active task, making something, etc

Every day, I would like all of you to ‘check-in’ with me by posting a reply to the ‘register’. I will say ‘Good  Morning P4M’ and you can let me know you have read it at some point throughout the day by replying with a ‘Hi’ or hello’.

Mrs Davidson, Mrs Galbraith and Miss Burnett will also be setting tasks and checking in with you too.

Spelling

Please keep practising your spelling words as we do in class: say it, stretch it, count the sounds, write it and check it. You could also think of any shoot words or maybe even root words!

Group A words – spend, thump, stack, there, use, an, each

Group B words – common words 251-350

All of these can be accessed on Spelling City and you can also practise them on the Spelling option in Sumdog

Good luck with your home learning, enjoy time with your families and keep in touch!

Miss McDowall

Sumdog – Now Free

Hi Everyone,

Message from Sumdog below.

All of Sumdog is now automatically free for the duration of your closure.

We want to help lighten the mood for children. So if you’ve never experienced premium Sumdog before, then your pupils are going to be in for a treat. They will have access to over 20 fun games that will motivate them to practise maths, spelling and grammar. Enjoy!

Everyone has their logins in their homework diary so should be able to access the site.

Thanks, Mr Burrell

P4B – Pupils not in school.

Hi Everyone,

As some of you are unable to make it to school this week I thought it might be a good idea for you to type up a story about a Viking god. In class you have been learning about,  Freya, Thor, Loki and Iduna. Try to imagine that you are that God for a day and tell us all about what you would get upto. (you have already done this for Odin in class)

Thor – God of Thunder

Freya – Goddess of Love and Beauty

Loki – 1/2 god, 1/2 giant

Iduna – Goddess of Immortality

Once you have completed your story you can email it to me or one of your classmates through glow and we can share it with the class.

(I am aware that this might not be possible for some so there is no pressure to do it)

Regards, Mr Burrell

P4B – Homework

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify, P4B you do not have homework this week. You do however have your homework jotters in your school bags. If you want to do some  homework you can complete your 4 sentences in your spelling homework jotters. For maths remember you can always go on sum-dog and play some maths games.

Thanks, Mr Burrell

P4B Homework

Last week P4B wrote outstanding persuasive letters on why they shouldn’t have homework this week. Due to this no homework will be handed out as you have all been able to convince me that you need a break. (those who wish to do some home work can complete their 4 sentences as normal)

Well done everyone.

Mr Burrell

Big Pedal 2020

Good news !  The Big Pedal cycling, scooting and walking challenge is back.  From Wednesday 22nd April to Tuesday 5th May we would like you to bring your bike or scooter to school every day. You will get the chance to bike or scoot with your classmates and your teacher. If you can’t bring a bike or scooter, you can walk and that will count too.  For more information have a look at the Big Pedal website.

This is a national competition to see how many journeys we can make biking, scooting or walking. Please ask an adult to check that your bike or scooter is in good working order. You may bring a lock to use but you must be responsible for the key.

Rules – all cyclists MUST wear a helmet

– no cycling or scooting in the playground ( or the ashy path) unless you are with your teacher (on the way in/out, playtime and lunchtime)

We have taken part in this challenge for the last few years and it is always good fun.  We are usually in the top 10. Let’s try for top 3 this year!

Happy cycling/scooting/walking

Mrs Ferguson