Hi everyone, we would be grateful if you could please bring your nativity clothes (see letter and previous blog) into school in a bag on Tuesday 17th December for our dress rehearsal, then take them home and come to school wearing them on Wednesday 18th December.
P3C and P3W children may also bring party clothes on Thursday 19th December which they can change into at lunchtime if they wish.
Miss Cameron and Mr Wormald
We are very excited that our Nativity performances are next week and we cannot wait to hear the Primary 2 and Primary 3 choirs.
We are aware that there has been previous communications asking some classes to wear shirt and ties, and some classes to wear cowboy-ish clothes. We had originally thought it would be lovely to have the children in shirts and ties as they always look so smart. However, as our Nativity is called ‘Prickly Hay’ we thought it would be fun to have the children dress up in cowboy-ish clothes.
Therefore, this post is to clarify what we would kindly ask all Primary 2 and Primary 3 children to wear for their Nativity Performance next week, and also to apologise for any confusion.
All Primary 2 and Primary 3 children should aim to wear jeans/denim skirt or trousers and a checked/denim shirt. If you don’t have a denim or checked shirt, can we please ask that your child wears a plain t-shirt. We are not expecting anyone to buy anything new. Some children have asked if they can wear cowboy hats, and this is allowed if they wish, or if they already have one.
Thank you very much for your understanding and support.
We look forward to seeing you at our performances next week!
Primary 1, 2 and 3 Teachers
- Pupil Profiles will be issued on Friday 13th. Can parents ensure that the email addresses the school has on record are up to date.
- Thursday 12th is Christmas Lunch day.
- Friday 13th is Christmas Jumper day. We are raising money for Save the Children so please bring a donation.
- Spelling: /ee/ sound with an ee/ea spelling rule. Our words are: treat, beans, street, wheel, feast, dream — Common Words: near, add, food, between.
- Reading: New books will be issued. Encourage your child to find smaller words in any new words encountered.
- Maths: Rocket Rounding – This can be found on Topmarks. We are rounding to the nearest 10 up to 999. Challenge: Choose the no number line option
I hope everyone has a great week. We are building up to our Christmas show next week and can’t wait for everyone to see us!
Mr Wormald & Miss Cameron
Edit: Many apologies the blog post was not made yesterday. I saved it to draft by mistake. Mr Wormald
This week our homework is:
Maths – Sumdog
Spelling will be completed in class this week. Our spelling rule is ai/ay/a_e sounding /ai/. Feel free to have your child think up words with the sound. eg. day, waist, paste.
Mr Wormald & Miss Cameron.
It’s that time of year again. The Christmas postboxes are out in school. If children wish to post a Christmas card to someone in school please put the child’s name and class on the envelope. If you think there are 2 people with the same name please put second initial too eg. Sam M . The P3 Christmas posties will deliver your card for you.
- The school will be closed for St Andrews Day this Monday 2nd December.
- This Friday 29th November is House Art Day. Please wear house colours or Christmas jumpers.
Have an excellent holiday weekend.
Mr Wormald & Miss Cameron
Maths: Colouring fractions of shapes. Fractions worksheets will be handed out tomorrow (Tuesday 26th).
Reading: This week try to find words within tricky words.
Spelling: <ch> rule with a /k/ sound. Our spelling list is:
Could you please bring cardboard tubes for House Art Day next week?
Please visit the weblink below for instructions how to get started with ParentPay:
A reminder that Parentpay is not only for school meals and the snack bar. All payments such as school trips must be paid through this system as we are now a cashless school.
If you have not already logged on, please do so as soon as possible. If you experiencing any problems logging on, please call the school office between 8.30am-4pm.
Thank you for your support.