Spelling – Write your spelling words in alphabetical order. Remember you may need to look at the second or third letter.
Grammar – Complete the prepositions worksheet. Look at the picture and fill in the blanks. Use the word bank to help if you need it.
Sumdog – Continue to answer as many questions as you can to help us climb the leaderboard.
Venn Diagrams – Sort the sweets into the Venn diagram. The worksheet is supposed to be editable but if you are having trouble moving the images the task can be completed on paper and you can roughly draw the sweets, or just discuss with someone at home where each sweet would go in the diagram.
Coding – Go to Dance Party on code.org and follow the instructions.
Renfrewshire Leisure Online Olympics
Here is the challenge set by our Active School Coordinators this week. It is the Long Jump Challenge:
The record stands at 168cm. Remember, our results will be compared against other schools and we have a chance to win the first ever RL Online Olympics!
We are currently in 11th place, so let’s give it a big push.
Remember, you can only upload your best score before the 24th May so let’s get practising!
GO TEAM BISHOPTON!
Writing – Sun Safety Leaflet
- You can look through the brief PowerPoint on the key features of a leaflet.
- Complete the writing task sheet.
PowerPoint: Posters & Leaflets – Powerpoint
Task sheet: 12.05.20 – Sun Safety Leaflet
Carroll Diagram – Sorting numbers 1-30
- Sort the numbers 1-30 thinking carefully about the four criteria.
- Write the numbers in the correct box.
- You can cut and stick the numbers to help you organise them better.
Task sheet: Carroll Diagram – Numbers to 30
Renfrewshire Leisure Online Olympics
This week is the beginning of the Renfrewshire Leisure Online Olympics. Each week we will be challenged to record a best result and send in our results to compete against other schools. At the end of the event we will find out which school is the winner!
Our first challenge is set by our Active School Coordinators this week.
It is the Star jump Challenge:
- Record how many star jumps you can complete in 30 seconds.
- The record stands at 36 star jumps in 30 seconds.
- Remember, our results will be compared against other schools and we have a chance to win the first ever Renfrewshire Leisure Online Olympics!
- You can only upload your best score before the 17th May so lets get practising!
GO TEAM BISHOPTON!
IDL – Music
Today we are going to look at rhythm using body percussion.
- Read through the lesson and watch the videos.
- At the end you can play the game and choose your own music to make a rhythm to using body percussion.
Reading comprehension – Complete the ‘Extreme Earth’ reading comprehension task.
Yellow – Green reading bands complete sheet 1 and Orange – Topaz reading bands complete sheet 2.
The answers are at the end of the task and this can be self-assessed once complete.
Have a look at the PowerPoint on Carroll diagrams.
Complete the shape sorting worksheet.
Watch the Virtual Reality Dairy Cow Farm Tour. You can also watch the other videos on this page.
Complete the crossword using the video to help.
Read ‘PATHS Lesson 2 – Calming Down’.
There is an optional glitter bottle activity.
Sheet 2 Extreme Earth
Sheet 1 Extreme Earth
PATHS Lesson 2 – Calming Down
Carroll Diagrams – Sorting 2d shapes
Carroll Diagram Shape Sorting
Calming Down Activities
Spelling – Words spelled ‘ei’ that sound /ai/
- Complete the spelling task worksheet.
- Use the Look, Cover, Write, Check strategy for each word.
- Remember to write the syllables for each word.
Spelling list: May 11th Spelling
Number and Place Value – Karate Cats
- Please spend some time (at least 20-30 minutes) playing on Karate Cats.
- Warning: Gold level is challenging. Begin at Bronze or Silver and build up to Gold.
Optional: Adding and subtracting 2-digit numbers and tens
This task does not need to be returned. Answer can be found on the webpage.
Please take part in PE with Joe for some fitness exercises.
IDL – Science – Bean plant life cycle
Look through the PowerPoint about the life cycle of a bean plant.
The video for the PowerPoint can be found here.
- Please complete the life cycle worksheet.
- Cut & stick or draw pictures using the images to support you.
- Add a description for each stage of the cycle. It can be brief using these key statements: bean germinates, root and stem appear, flowering for pollination, pod of beans form.
PowerPoint: Bean Life Cycle – PowerPoint
Task sheet: Bean plant – Growth cycle
Please play on Sumdog spelling.
- Play spelling games practicing your spelling words.
You can also practice some common words by playing these games.
OPTIONAL: Sumdog Spelling Quiz
- If you want to try, then have a go at the spelling quiz.
Maths – Place Value
Practice by playing these place value games.
Complete the attached worksheet.
Worksheet: 04.05.20 – Place Value
Like yesterday I would like you to make your own choice of PE exercise. Maybe you want to play another round of Sock Golf with your family. Perhaps you are loving PE with Joe and haven’t missed a day. Or you fancy just going outside for a cycle for your daily exercise outside your house.
Farming Topic – Grain Farm
- Visit this website and watch the videos about a grain farm. You can see how they prepare the land, gather crops, and what technology they use.
- Please complete the crossword. All the questions come from the 360 grain farm tour.
Task sheet: Grain Farm – Crossword
The spelling rule this week is ‘or’. Read over your spelling words and definitions and play spelling games on Sumdog to practise these.
Complete the 3-digit place value worksheet. Cubes and Pentagons complete sheet 1. All other groups complete sheet 2.
Today we will learn how to say the names of pets in French! Go to the French Games website and click ‘FULL TUTORIAL All Activities’. Spend some time learning these new words before completing the Yes or No?, Either/Or and What is it? activities. Remember you can scroll down during the activities to see and listen to the vocabulary list again.
Art for Kids Hub have lots of ‘How to Draw’ videos on farm animals. You could choose one of these to draw.
You can choose any activity that you would like to do for PE as long as it gets you moving! You could do PE with Joe, Cosmic Yoga, Just Dance, Zumba or any other form of exercise at home or outside.
Place Value 1
Place Value 2
Starter – Write your spelling words in alphabetical order.
Grammar – Look at the ‘Using a or an’ PowerPoint and complete the quiz on it.
Complete the ‘a or an’ worksheet, filling in the blanks.
Play Mixed Operation Fruit Game. Choose a level you are comfortable with and play the game a few times, trying to beat your score on the timed game.
Draw a PATHS portrait! Choose one of the feelings we have learned about in our PATHS lessons and draw a self-portrait where your face shows this feeling. It is important that you use a mirror or it may be easier to take a photo of yourself showing this emotion. Watch this video to remind yourself about facial proportions. Remember to draw very lightly until you are happy with your drawing. You can keep this as a pencil drawing or you can colour it once complete. You could even post your portraits in the Chill Out Zone for the rest of the class to see!
Feelings: happy, sad, fine, excited, tired, scared, angry, lonely, shy, lonely
Using a or an
A or an worksheet
I hope you had an awesome weekend. The warm weather made it extra special.
Spelling – Words that end -sion with a /shun/ sound.
Task sheet: 27th April Spelling
- Use the Look, Cover, Write, Check method and remember to check your spelling words to see that they are correct.
- Write the number of syllables for each word.
- Write three full sentences. Remember to use all your VCOP skills. We have learnt a good variety of vocabulary, openers, connectives, and punctuation this year.
- Write the dictionary definition of five spelling words.
Task sheet: Bar Chart – Melbourne Cup Horse Race
- Complete the bar chart worksheet for submission.
- Remember to:
- Read the question carefully.
- Identify what the question is asking
- Find the answer making sure you read the scale carefully.
- Please complete:
- Level 3 – Partitioning up to 999
- Level 3 – Digit Values up to 999
Kick start your day with PE with Joe.
We are starting our new topic for Term 4 and it is about farming!!
I want to know what you know about farming and what you want to know about farming.
Complete the table and return it to me so I can create your topic.
Task sheet: KWL – Farming Topic
Today should have been the start of the Big Pedal walking/cycling/scooting national competition that we all enjoy so much each year.
This year we’re turning it into the Bishopton Pedal.
As part of your daily exercise, we would like you to try to cycle, scoot or walk every day for the next 2 weeks. Please make sure that bikes and scooters are safe for you to use and that you wear helmets on your bike just as you would if you were at school. If you do not have access to a safe place to cycle, scoot or walk please just carry on with all the other daily fitness ideas provided by your teachers.
Remember all your family are welcome to join in too.
Be safe and have fun.
Welcome back. I hope you enjoyed your Easter holiday, the weather has been fantastic which has made a great change.
Our spelling rule this week are words that end in -tion with the /shun/ sound.
- Copy your words using the look, cover, write and check strategy.
- Write the number of syllables next to each work and write three sentences using your spelling words.
Task sheet: 20th April Spelling
Maths – Telling the time (O’clock and half past)
This week we are returning to revise time. Today’s task will be focusing on o’clock and half past.
Have a go at this time game.
- Please scroll down on the webpage and click on the bear to begin the game.
- I would like you to choose option 2. Read time to the hour and half hour.
- You can challenge yourself by choosing the timed option and changing between a 12 hour clock and 24 hour clock.
French – Days of the week
Practice your days of the week in French. Enjoy singing along to this song by Alain le Lait
If you want an additional challenge then you can complete the attached worksheet.
Worksheet: French Days of the Week – Yesterday and Tomorrow
HWB – PE
Take part in PE with Joe you can find his video here.