Homework – Monday 23rd November 2020
- House Art Day is this Friday. Remember to wear clothes that can get messy.
- Next Monday 30th November is the St Andrews Day holiday.
- Mrs Kane & Mrs Hughes will be in class this Thursday.
- There is no read & munch this week.
Maths – Number Patterns
This week we are continuing our learning of patterns by identifying number patterns.
We have been learning to identify patterns that count in 1, 2, 5, or 10.
Task: (Task sheet can be found on class team assignment)
- Your homework task is to identify the pattern and fill in the missing numbers.
- The patterns count in 1’s, 2’s, 4’s, 5’s, or 10’s.
Tip 1: Look for numbers in a row to help you identify what the pattern is counting in.
Tip 2: If there is a gap between two numbers identify the difference and divide by two (find half of the answer).
Tip 3: Always check your work by counting on from a known number to see if you have identified the right pattern.
Reading Strategy: Sound out the word and spot the digraphs/trigraphs (two/three letter sounds i.e. /oi/ /igh/)
Spelling – ‘ch’ sounding /k/
- Click on the links below to visit Spelling Frame and learn your spelling words.
- Practise your spelling words by completing an Active Spelling Task.