Learning about Germs

Today P3M had a lot of fun learning all about germs and how they spread. They took part in 4 different experiments that helped them to understand how germs spread. They then chose one experiment and filled in a hypothesis prediction sheet to record their results. We started with finding out how much bacteria can fit into a full stop. We then went on to use glitter gel to find out how germs spread between ourselves and objects we use, before investigating how far a sneeze can spread. Enjoy having a look through our pictures.

Scottish Poems

Hi Everyone,
As you may know  it is a tradition each January to focus on Scottish culture within our school. We will be learning about Scotland over the next few weeks in class. As part of this each child is given the opportunity to learn a poem.   It would be great if children could learn a Scottish poem over the next couple of weeks.  Anyone who wishes can then put themselves forward to be entered into our Scottish Poetry Competition which forms part of our Scottish Assembly each year. A winner from each class will be chosen to recite at the assembly. Here is a link to some Scottish poems that you may wish to choose from –
I have attached some other ideas as well as our school success criteria for reciting poetry.  We will be hearing and recording poems in class on Monday 24th January.
Thanks,
Mrs McKay

Read and Munch P3M

Hi everyone,  I hope you had a lovely weekend.

Just a message to let you know that we will be starting Read and Munch this week. Our Read and Munch time will be each Thursday from 9.45-10.15.  Children can bring a healthy snack and book to read or share at this time.

We are looking forward to our first session later in the week.

Mrs McKay

Pupil of the Day in P3AM

This term the children decided that they would like to show that they had been chosen as pupil of the day by wearing either a crown, an arm bracelet, a medal or a cloak.

We are incredibly grateful to the Lindsay Family who kindly took time to plan, design and make this beautiful Pupil of the Day cloak. I am sure that you will agree that it looks fantastic!

PE Information

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that this term our PE days will be Monday and Friday.  The children can come to school dressed for PE on these days as part of our relaxed uniform.  Please bring a pair of indoor shoes to change into before gym.   As always we continue to aim to be outside as much as possible and it would be great if children could always have a rain jacket with them.  Waterproofs, welly boots and indoor shoes can  be stored in class if required.

Mrs McKay

P3AM PE Days

This term P3AM will have PE sessions on Tuesdays and Fridays.  It would be very much appreciated if your child could have a pair of plimsoles or trainers to change into on these days. This will help to protect the gym hall flooring.

The children can wear their PE kit to school, as part of the relaxed school uniform, on these days.

Thank you very much for your support with this.

Welcome Back P3M!

Hi everyone, Happy New Year to you all! I hope you all enjoyed some relaxation time over the holidays.

It was lovely to welcome the class into our new room this morning and see so many excited and smiley faces.

This term our PE days will be Monday and Friday.  The children can come to school dressed for PE on these days as part of our relaxed uniform.  As always we continue to aim to be outside as much as possible and it would be great if children could always have a rain jacket with them.  Waterproofs and welly boots can also be stored in class if required.

Reading, Spelling and Numeracy homework will begin on Monday 10th January.

I look forward to a busy and fun term ahead.

Mrs McKay

Christmas Thanks

Happy Holidays to Everyone!  I had a very special delivery to my house this afternoon from Mrs Kelly.  I just wanted to thank you so much for your generous christmas gifts.  It is so kind of you and I appreciate your thoughtfulness very much.  I will make sure that I choose something special with your voucher and I will let you know when I have bought it.

Jamie, I love my little gonk, and he is sitting happily with his new elf and gonk friends in my lounge.  You and mum are so clever to have made him so carefully and with such thought.  I promise to look after him, although I hope he doesn’t snack on the chocolate tree decorations when I’m not looking!

I was very sorry to have missed the end of term with you all, but I enjoyed seeing you during your class presentation.  You made me, and Mrs McLean so proud. I am now feeling much better and am looking forward to spending Christmas with my family.

Mrs McLean has worked like a trojan this week to unpack, clean and sort our classroom ready for the New Term, and I am indebted to her for her amazing and outstanding effort.  It will be great to have our own space again, and I think that you will like some of the lovely new things in our room.

Now is the time for family, fun times and relaxation.  I hope that you all have the most magical time.  You have worked hard, played hard and been wee superstars so I am sure that you will all be very very lucky on Christmas Day.

Many thanks again,

Mrs Simpson

Best Christmas GIFs | Gfycat

Christmas Read and Munch

On Friday afternoon the children will have the opportunity to enjoy a Christmas Read and Munch with their classmates.  This is an opportunity to read together and share favourite stories and characters.

Your child is welcome to bring a small Christmas treat and a favourite Christmas Book for this activity.

Many thanks.