P3W & P3C – Week: 22.2.21

Pin by Mary Evans on Watch - Reaction GIFs & Pics | Funny reaction gifs,  Homer woohoo, Gif

Welcome back everyone!

We are back in class and back to our normal routine!

Homework – Monday 22nd February 2021

Reminders:

• Homework will still be posted each week and returned on the class Team page.
Cyber Scotland Week
This week is Cyber Scotland week and to celebrate the school has created an activity grid that you can use. Choose an activity and develop your ICT and internet safety skills. You can do as many of the activities as you like.
Maths
As this week is Cyber Scotland week I would like you to log into Sumdog each day for 15-30minutes and practice your maths online!
Spelling
Please find attached your spelling homework list. This homework can be completed in your green homework jotter with a picture of completed work uploaded to the assignment. You can also complete the homework tasks in Microsoft Word if you wish.
Each week we will ask you to complete the following tasks:
  1. Write out your words 3 times using LOOK, SAY, COVER, WRITE, CHECK.
  2. Write 3 sentences using your spelling words.
  3. Write any root/shoot words.
  4. Choose an active spelling task. These can be found in the Class Materials folder in the File Section on the team page.
Meerkats

join

royal

toilet

choice

left

don’t

few

while

Lions

point

enjoy

choice

toilet

annoying

poisonous

left

don’t

few

while

P3F wk beg 22/02/21

Image result for welcome back gifWelcome back everyone.

Back to the old routine.  Ms McFarlane will be in today. I  will see you tomorrow.  Have a ball being with your friends again.

Remember we can’t escape Teams completely.  Homework is still on there.

As always, please let myself or Ms McFarlane know if you need any help with anything.

Mrs Ferguson and Ms McFarlane

P3F wk beg 15/02/21

Good morning everyone.  I hope you had a good weekend.

Back to the old routine this week with online learning.  Mrs Kane will be here today.  Ms McFarlane will be online tomorrow as I will be in the hub.  I’ll be back online on Wednesday.

Keep working hard at your daily assignments.

Hopefully not too long until we’re back together in class.

Have a good week.

Mrs F

P3F wk beg 08/02/21

Good morning everyone.  I hope you had a great weekend. Enjoy the rest of your holiday –

Mon 8th Feb – holiday

Tues 9th Feb – holiday

Wed 10th Feb – In Service

Please remember – the hub will be closed on all 3 days.

Back to Teams on Thursday 11th Feb.  No spelling this week but you could choose a book to read.  Check out your assignment for Thursday and Friday.  Team meet on Friday 12th at 11.30 as usual.

See you then.

Mrs F

P3F Monday 1st February

Happy February Pictures, Photos, Images, and Pics for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

Good morning everyone. January is over at last. Welcome to February.  We hope you had a great weekend.

Just a few things about Teams –

• assignments will be posted the night before they are due to be set
  • please make use of all the videos/recorded ppt – you can revisit them any time you like and pause them while you try things out
  • please ask questions on Teams or email me if you need help with anything

After this week, we can all have a well earned rest. Reminder – Monday 8th February – holiday

Tuesday 9th February – holiday

Wednesday 10th February – In Service

Have a good week

Best wishes

Mrs Kane and Mrs Ferguson

P3F Monday 25th January

Good morning everyone.  Another week of remote learning coming up. I have been so delighted with the effort from both children and parents to make the best of this situation.

A huge  THANK YOU to you all.

I hope you agree that things got better last week when Teams started working properly again.  Could I remind you please that if you have a problem accessing things, first check that you are logged into glow.  That seemed to be a common problem last week.  Apart from that, any difficulties please message me straight away and I will do my best to sort it out.  You’ll see that the links have changed a little bit.  I hope that improves things for you all.

This week we will start having a P3 Assembly, just like in school, on Tuesday at 9.45.  It would be great if you could join in, but if for any reason you can’t, please don’t worry about it.  Our Team meeting will still be on Friday at 11.30.

Mrs Kane will be on Teams today.

Here’s to another good week.

P3F Monday 18th January – spelling and reading

Good morning everyone.  We hope you enjoyed the weekend.

Week 2 – here we go!

Please remember to look at the Scottish poetry links and choose a poem to start learning.  Try your best to be ready by Thursday 28th January.

Scottish poems

Remember there is a new sumdog competition that started on Friday.  If you can, have a go please.

spelling – long vowel o sound

Watch the video explaining the spelling rule then copy your group’s words from Teams.

You could play the spelling games.

Reading – choose a book for this week.  See the links in Teams please.

Mrs Kane is on Teams today and will post some other assignments for you and she will be on the Teams meeting at 2pm. Join her if you can.

Have a good day

Mrs Kane and Mrs Ferguson

P3F Friday 15th January

P3F Assignment Friday 15th January

Do your best with today’s tasks.  Ask for help if you need it please.

Links should be live today. Hope to see you all at 11.30 in the Teams meet if you can manage.

Please let me know on Teams or by email if anything doesn’t work.  You can also send me any work on Teams or by email.

Spelling – Test your spelling for this week. You choose – ask an adult to test you,

use https://www.spellzone.com/word_lists/look-say-cover-write-check-1191.htm

or do the long vowel i wordsearch

Reading  – Choose a task from the Reading Activity Choice Board – either Reading Response Tasks – Fiction or Reading Response Tasks – Non-Fiction  . Use the book you chose for this week or , if you forgot to choose one, write about a book you’ve read in class.

Mental maths – Big Maths Clic

https://glowscotland.sharepoint.com/portals/hub/_layouts/15/PointPublishing.aspx?app=video&p=p&chid=d5fca3e7-2fd5-49db-9979-f4c64fa2bac2&vid=5e6df6e4-ed9a-4a66-93bd-5d790d0d1aa0

Maths – Funky Mummy – you choose which game

http://www.ictgames.com/funkyMummy/index.html

Health and Wellbeing – choose an active task for today or it might be something relaxing and mindful. Check out new ideas on NETFLEX Home Workouts PP

Scotland topic  – Check out this website about Scotland and find the answers to the Scotland Quiz

https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/discover/geography/countries/facts-about-scotland/

P3F Thursday 14th January

Good morning everyone.  I hope your week is going OK.  It is so great to see you all logging on and trying your best with our daily tasks. Well done!

As we continue to have Teams assignment problems , I will do the same as yesterday and post here and in Teams.

spelling – syllables – chat to someone at home about how many syllables are in each of your spelling words eg. my – 1, try – 1 Remember to use our trick of putting your hand under your chin to help count.  I will put a post in Teams for you to record your answers.

reading – keep reading your book

grammar – compound words – see video

compound word video and quiz

mental maths – number of the day – Our number of the day is 57. Use the number sheet to write down all the things you know about it.  You could put the sheet in a polypocket and write on top so we can use it again or if you’re very fancy you might have a laminator! We have used this in class before.

maths – add and subtract 10 game – remember only the tens digit will change – watch out for the sign – + or – ?

add and subtract 10 game

Health and Wellbeing – choose something active to do

• medicines topic – What is a medicine ? – watch our video and discuss what you know about medicines.

Topic – Scottish poetry – as always in January, we will all learn a Scottish poem for the Burns Assembly.  Check out the links and choose a poem to start learning.  Be ready to recite it either on video or if you want at a Teams meet by Thursday January 28th.

J. K. Annand

more Scottish poems