We hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Reminders & Homework:
We learned new sounds – ‘l’ and ‘f’ this week. The links for the Jolly Phonics songs and actions relating to all the sounds can be found in the PowerPoint in Teams, under files. Please continue to practice all sounds at home as much as possible. We have added flash cards for the new sounds to files, for those who wish to print these out.
We learned two new sight words – ‘are’ and ‘as’. These have been added to our flashcards folder on Teams. If you would like some extra practice, please choose a sight word activity from the grid on Teams. We check sight word progress regularly in class and are delighted with the progress the children are making – thank you for your support with this.
A new wordless book will be issued on Monday. Please encourage your child to use the picture clues to tell the story. It is important that children can explain and describe what is happening in pictures to help them develop their reading comprehension skills. Please return wordless books to school this Friday 30th Oct. We are outstanding a few books from last week – please return these to school as soon as possible.
Reading for enjoyment picture books will only be issued every 2 weeks from now on, therefore no new books will be taken home this week. Please return existing books to school this Friday 30th Oct. Don’t forget to use the 3 sharings when discussing the story at home:
NUMERACY & MATHS
We are continuing a focus on learning the days of the week in class this week. Here is a song which you may like to listen to at home to help with this – click here.
Please continue with the SEAL learning wall & choose one new task to complete this week. A copy of this can be found in the SEAL folder on Teams.
- Details of our lunch menu can be found here.
- Our outdoor sessions will be on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – please ensure your child has warm and waterproof clothing on these days.
- Read & Munch will be on Thursday. Your child may bring in a favourite book from home to read in class and a healthy snack.
- Reminder – we are a nut free school therefore no food containing nuts should be brought in for lunch or snacks.
- During our infant assembly on a Wednesday morning, one of the things we celebrate is any wider achievements, for example, swimming badges, taking part in tournaments, charity events, etc. We would love to hear about any wider achievements so that your child can be recognised for this. A Certificate of Wider achievement is saved in the files tab within Teams – you can either print this & complete it at home or let us know if you would like one issued from school.
- All children are invited to wear a Hallowe’en costume on Friday, or wear orange and black. We ask that no masks, wigs or props are brought into school and no face paint is applied.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
Miss Murray & Miss Wilson