We hope you have had a fantastic weekend, after a busy first week back. We will not be issuing any homework this week as we know families will need some time to adjust to school learning once again. Homework will be issued next week.
We have a busy week ahead with lots of fantastic learning opportunities. There are no new sounds this week however, it would be great if pupils could revise the previously taught sounds/sight words at home. Our focus this week will be on time. We will be learning to identify o’clock times on both analogue and digital clocks. Children will look to share this knowledge at home and it can be helpful to ask children to look at the clock at key points in the routine at home. E.g it’s dinner time – what time is it? it’s 5 o’clock.
Reminders for this week:
- Please ensure that your child has a bottle of water to keep in class throughout the day. We kindly ask that it is only water and not juice.
- We have been enjoying lots of time outside this term. Waterproofs should be kept in your child’s school bag. It might be a good idea to keep an extra pair of socks in case of any wet weather.
- Pupils should continue to practise zipping their coat and getting ready independently. As discussed at the beginning of the term, it can be helpful if pupils wear shoes that they can get on and off. Laces can make it difficult for pupils to change independently.
- Read and Munch is on Thursday this week. Children can bring a book and a healthy snack to enjoy with their friends.
- Please ensure that your child does not bring any toys to school. This allows us to comply with COVID-19 mitigations.
- On Friday we are planning to do some planting. Each child needs 1 yoghurt pot. If possible, could you send a yoghurt pot labelled with your child’s name by Friday 5th March.
- If you wish your child to wear a paint apron, please provide them with an old shirt or apron to keep in their bag.
Have a fantastic week and as always, if you have any questions or concerns please get in touch.
Miss Wilson & Miss Murray.