Good morning! I hope you are all having a great weekend. We have a short week ahead of us as Friday is an In-service day. Homework for this week can be found below.
Sounds: Sound cards for “ch” and “sh” will be added to the book bags. Please continue to practice all of the sounds learned to date. These should be looked over as often as possible at home. To challenge your child, please ask them to think of/find something that begins with or contains that specific sound.
Word Walls: Please continue to check over these with your child as often as possible as this will build their confidence in reading the words independently. Only the words highlighted in yellow should be practiced. Your child should also be able to use these words correctly in a sentence. Once we are seeing your child do so, with confidence, we will highlight the box green.
Reading: New reading books will be sent home by Tuesday. Please read them with your child, discussing the story/words. The children should sound out the words and, where necessary, use the picture cues to help them “read” the words.
Scottish Poems: The children have now recited their poems in class and I have to say, both Mrs McAvoy and I were very impressed. Some of the children even chose to venture out and perform in front of other classes within the school.
A finalist from each class has been chosen by Senior Management and they will be performing at our Scottish Assembly on Thursday.
Maths: Please complete the final activity on the Bingo sheet. Once completed, please sign and date the sheet beside the chosen task.
H&WB: Please continue to practice your chosen home target. If you have not yet completed the target sheet, please do so this week so we are aware of your child’s chosen target. Please click here for further details.
January targets will be checked this week and reset for February if required. If your child has achieved their January home target, please leave a comment on the target sheet.
- P.E. will be on Monday. Please remember long hair should be tied back and earrings removed or covered
- Book bags should be checked each evening for homework and any letters which may have been issued. These letters should be removed from the book bag.
- There will be no Read and Munch this week.
- Our Scottish Assembly is on Thursday. To celebrate this, the children may wear something tartan, or checked, to school, otherwise school uniform should be worn as normal.
- Friday and Wednesday (12th) are In-service days. School re-opens on Thursday 13th.
As always, if you have any questions regarding homework, please do not hesitate to contact us. This can be done via the blog or your child’s book bag.
Mrs O’Neill and Mrs McAvoy