We hope you have had a great weekend.
All homework (including reading for enjoyment books) will be issued on Monday. Homework should be returned on Friday.
Details of the tasks for this coming week can be found below.
Sounds: We have so far learned the sounds ‘s’, ‘a’, ‘t’, ‘i’, ‘p’ and ‘n’. This week we would like you to revise and practice all sounds and actions until you are confident at recognising and identifying all 6 sounds. There are many ways in which you can do this. An assignment has been set up on Teams (it will go live tomorrow morning) to give you ideas of how you can practice these sounds.
Reading: Another Reading for Enjoyment book will be issued tomorrow. Please read this with someone at home. You should then use the Three Sharings to discuss the story. This is when you discuss the following:
- something you liked about the story
- something you didn’t like about the story
- any connections you may have had with what happened in the story or anything you may have been confused about.
Please return your book on Friday. If you have not already returned your book from last week, please bring this to school tomorrow (Monday).
SEAL: Please complete one of the dotted tasks on your homework grid. Once completed, please ask your grown-up to initial and date the task you worked on. You should return your SEAL grid on Friday.
Microsoft Teams: Thank you to everyone who has commented on our first post on Teams. If you have not already done so, please do this ASAP. If you are unable to access Teams for any reason, please let us know.
P.E.: P.E. will be on Monday and Wednesday. Please come to school in your relaxed uniform on these days. Remember we will be outside so you should be dressed appropriately. There is a chance it will rain tomorrow so please bear this in mind.
Update: School Photographs are taking place on Wednesday – please come to school dressed as you would like your photograph taken.
- We are still awaiting several reply slips for a few letters that have been issued recently, including parent evening slips. Please return these to school ASAP.
- We are on week 1 of our lunch menu. Details of this can be found here.
- Read and Munch will be on Friday. Please bring in a book from home and a healthy snack (fruit or vegetable).
- I will be out of class tomorrow for my NCCT. Mr Burrell will be covering P1P.
- Miss Park will continue to cover Mrs O’Neill.
- School Photographs are taking place on Wednesday and Thursday. Please click here for related blog post.
Have a lovely evening everyone.
Mrs McAvoy and Mrs O’Neill