We hope you are having a lovely weekend. Homework for this week and reminders are below:
As last week was a revision week, we have not learned any new sounds. The links for the Jolly Phonics songs and actions relating to the sounds taught to date can be found on the class Teams page, within files. Please continue to practice all sounds at home as much as possible.
We learned two new sight words – ‘their’ and ‘if’. These have been added to our flashcards folder on Teams. Word Walls have been checked and focus words highlighted – these will be sent home on Monday, to be retuned to school on Friday. Remember to practise saying each word in a sentence. It’s a good idea to go back over the words you have already learned.
A new reading book will be issued on Monday – please read this with someone at home. Please return books to school on Friday 26th March to allow us to quarantine these ready for the following week.
NUMERACY & MATHS
We have been focusing on ordering numbers in class – please complete the ordering numbers task which will be issued on Monday.
- We have had a lot of lost property again this week. As the year has gone on many labels have fallen off or washed off. All items of clothing/shoes should be fully labelled. This really helps to cut down time and encourages responsibility for belongings.
- Read & Munch will be on Thursday. You may bring in a favourite book from home to read in class and a healthy snack.
- School lunches and menu information can be found here.
- Parents’ evening calls will take place on Tuesday 30th March and Wednesday 31st March. We are really looking forward to chatting about the learning and progress in P1. Please return your confirmation letter as soon as possible.
- On Tuesday of this week Miss Murray and Miss Wilson will both be out of class for our non-class contact time. Mrs Hughes and Miss McFarlane will be covering on these days.
As always, if you have any questions please get in touch.
Miss Murray & Miss Wilson