Good afternoon & Happy Mother’s Day!
We hope you are having a lovely weekend at home. Homework for this week is listed below.
We learned the sounds ‘oi’ and ‘ue’ this week – we have added these to the sounds folder within your class Teams page. Please complete the ‘oi’ and ‘ue’ missions that have been assigned to you on Literacy’ Planet – click here. You will need the log in details emailed to your Glow email address. If you would like added challenge, please draw a picture of a word that contains our 2 new sounds, and try to write the word below.
Word Walls will be issued this week. These will be sent home on a Monday and must be returned to school on a Friday. This will allow us to check each child’s progress. We will highlight each weeks focus in yellow. Completed words will be highlighted green. Remember to practise saying each word in a sentence. It’s a good idea to go back over the words you have already learned.
A new reading book will be issued on Monday – please read this with someone at home. Please return books to school this Friday 19th March to allow us to quarantine these ready for the following week. We have a number of books outstanding from last week – it is absolutely essential that these are returned as we will not be able to issue your child with any other books until their previous book is returned.
NUMERACY & MATHS
For homework this week we are having a numeracy focus. Please practise counting forwards and backwards within the appropriate number range with your child. For some this may be 0-20, 0-30 or 0-50. You may wish to spend some time playing numeracy games on SumDog. Login details have been emailed to your child’s glow account.
- Over the last few weeks we have had lots of wet weather. For outdoor learning, it is helpful if every child has full waterproofs (jacket and trousers or a puddle suit) and welly boots (these can be kept in class). It is also helpful if your child has a change of clothes in their bag (including socks).
- We have had a lot of lost property this week. As the year has gone on many labels have fallen off or washed off. All items of clothing/shoes must be fully labelled. This really helps to cut down time and encourages children to be responsible for their belongings.
- We encourage children to be as independent as possible in class – please keep practising zipping up jackets and putting on hats, scarves, gloves, shoes, etc. Your help with this is much appreciated.
- Read & Munch will be on Thursday. Your child may bring in a favourite book from home to read in class and a healthy snack.
- School lunches and menu information can be found here.
- Parents’ evening calls will take place on Tuesday 30th March and Wednesday 31st March. We will follow a very similar timetable for scheduling calls. Please let us know if the same appointment slot no longer suits as soon as possible. We are really looking forward to chatting about the learning and progress in P1. Letters confirming times will be sent out this week.
As always, if you have any questions please get in touch.
Miss Wilson & Miss Murray.