We hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Homework starts this week, and here is an overview:
We learned the sounds ‘qu’ and ‘ou’ this week – we have added these to the sounds folder within your class Teams page. Please complete the ‘qu’ and ‘ou’ missions that have been assigned to you on Literacy Planet – click here. You will need the log in details emailed to your Glow email address. If you would like added challenge, please draw a picture of a word that contains our 2 new sounds, and try to write the word below.
We learned two new sight words – ‘which’ and ‘she’ These have been added to our flashcards folder on Teams. Please choose a sight word activity from the new Common Word grid on Teams, within the Sight Words folder. Please continue to practise all sight words taught to date.
A new reading book will be issued on Monday – please read this with someone at home. Please return books to school this Friday 12th March to allow us to quarantine these ready for the following week.
NUMERACY & MATHS
We are continuing to focus on learning to tell the time. Please complete 2 of the tasks from the ‘Time Homework Grid’ in the Numeracy and Maths folder within your class Teams page.
- Our outdoor sessions will be on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – please ensure your child has warm and waterproof clothing on these days. It might be helpful to keep a spare pair of socks in school bags, to help with wet feet on rainy days.
- We encourage children to be as independent as possible in class – please keep practicing zipping up jackets and putting on hats, scarves, gloves, shoes, etc. Your help with this is much appreciated.
- Read & Munch will be on Thursday. Your child may bring in a favourite book from home to read in class and a healthy snack.
- On Tuesday of this week Miss Murray and Miss Wilson will both be out of class for our non-class contact time. Mrs Hughes and Miss McFarlane will be covering on these days.
- School lunches and menu information can be found here.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
Miss Murray & Miss Wilson