We learned the sounds ‘w’ and ‘z’ this week. The links for the Jolly Phonics songs and actions relating to all the sounds can be found in the PowerPoint in Teams, under files. Please continue to practice all sounds at home as much as possible. We have added flash cards for the new sounds to files, for those who wish to print these out.
We learned two new sight words – ‘had’ and ‘one’. These have been added to our flashcards folder on Teams. If you would like some extra practice, please choose a sight word activity from the grid on Teams.
No reading this week.
Please enjoy completing some of the tasks from the grid below. We would love to see pictures on our class Teams page.
- No Read and Munch this week as it is our Christmas lunch on Thursday.
- Please ensure your child is dressed for the weather as we are hoping to be outdoors lots this week.
- Below is a list of some key dates.
- We have one missing jumper. It is a navy blue jumper with the school badge. Please hand it in if you come across it in your child’s bag.
- Thank you to everyone who has handed in shortbread. We were overwhelmed by your generosity. We managed to collect almost 60 boxes of shortbread!
Thursday 10th December – Christmas Lunch
Friday 11th December – Christmas Jumper Day
Monday 14th December – Nativity Performance
Tuesday 15th December – Mrs Hughes and Mrs Kane in class.
Thursday 17th December – P1M/W will view online pantomime
Friday 18th December – Christmas Party with visit from special visitor & Last day of Term 2 (2:30pm finish)
As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for supporting all of our festive fun!
Miss Wilson & Miss Murray.