December is here and we have a busy few weeks ahead in Primary 1M/W. We had a lovely day on Friday and we have lots more festive fun planned. I’ll try to give you a brief summary of what’s to come over the next few weeks and keep you updated.
Firstly, in December, homework will be reduced slightly. This is to allow more time to practise nativity parts and to enjoy Christmassy things at home.
This week is a revision week. This week you can practise all of the sounds we have learned so far. The links for the Jolly Phonics songs and actions relating to all the sounds can be found in the PowerPoint in Teams, under files.
We learned two new sight words – ‘from’ and ‘or’. These have been added to our flashcards folder on Teams. If you would like some extra practice, please choose a sight word activity from the grid on Teams.
From now until the end of term no reading books will be issued. If you have any books at home please return them to us.
Please enjoy completing some of the tasks from the grid below. We would love to see pictures on our class Teams page.
- During December there will be no Pupil of the Day – instead we will have a festive advent calendar and Christmas Book Countdown. For our advent calendar a pupil from each class will be chosen to open a door each day. Similarly, for our Christmas Book Countdown a child will be chosen to open the present containing a Christmas book for that day.
- Please continue to practise your child’s nativity lines at home. We are making good progress with our nativity and can’t wait to share it with you.
- Read and Munch will be on Thursday this week. Your child may bring in a favourite book from home to read in class and a healthy snack.
DATES TO NOTE
- Monday 30th November – HOLIDAY
- Tuesday 1st December – Mrs Hughes and Mrs Kane in class
- Friday 4th December – Dress Rehearsal. All nativity costumes/clothes must be provided. Details of this are on the letter issued with your child’s lines. Please let us know if you are having any problems with this.
- Friday 4th December – Hamper Donations Due – Shortbread
- Thursday 10th December – Christmas Lunch
- Friday 11th December – Christmas Jumper Day
- Monday 14th December – Nativity Performance
- Tuesday 15th December – Mrs Hughes and Mrs Kane in class.
- Thursday 17th December – P1M/W will view online pantomime
- Friday 18th December – Christmas Party with visit from special visitor & Last day of Term 2 (2:30pm finish)
As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for supporting all of our festive fun!
Miss Wilson & Miss Murray.