We hope you are having a lovely weekend.
We learned the sounds ‘ee’ and ‘or’ this week. The links for the Jolly Phonics songs and actions relating to all the sounds can be found in the PowerPoint in Teams, under files. Please continue to practice all sounds at home as much as possible. We have added flash cards for the new sounds to files, for those who wish to print these out.
We learned two new sight words – ‘this’ and ‘have’. These have been added to our flashcards folder on Teams. If you would like some extra practice, please choose a sight word activity from the grid on Teams.
A new reading book will be issued. Please note that there may be a delay with books this week as we have lots of books that have not been returned. These books need to be quarantined. Please encourage your child to use the picture clues to help tell the story. It is important that children can explain and describe what is happening in pictures to help them develop their reading comprehension skills. Please return reading books to school on Friday 27th November.
As reading for enjoyment picture books are being issued every 2 weeks, no new books will be issued this week. Existing books are due for return this Friday 27th November. Don’t forget to use the 3 sharings when discussing the story at home:
NUMERACY & MATHS
This week we have been working on our number formation. You can practise writing numbers 0-20 at home.
Additionally, you can have a look at the website below for some numeracy games.
- Details of our lunch menu can be found here.
- Our outdoor sessions will be on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – please ensure your child has warm and waterproof clothing on these days. It might be helpful to keep a spare pair of socks in school bags, to help with wet feet on rainy days.
- We encourage children to be as independent as possible in class – please keep practicing zipping up jackets and putting on hats, scarves, gloves, shoes, etc. Your help with this is much appreciated.
- Read & Munch will be on Thursday. Your child may bring in a favourite book from home to read in class and a healthy snack.
- During our infant assembly on a Wednesday morning, one of the things we celebrate is any wider achievements, for example, swimming badges, taking part in tournaments, charity events, etc. We would love to hear about any wider achievements so that your child can be recognised for this. A Certificate of Wider achievement is saved in the files tab within Teams – you can either print this & complete it at home or let us know if you would like one issued from school.
- Please continue to practice nativity lines at home. The children have been doing so well at rehearsals – thank you for your help with this.
- This Friday is our Christmas House Art Day. On this day we will have lots of festive fun in our class. Please send your child in old clothes on this day as it can get messy!
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
Miss Murray & Miss Wilson