Good afternoon! We hope you are having a lovely weekend. As always, homework for the coming week will be set as assignments on Teams and will go live on Monday morning. Reminders can be found below.
Sounds: We have introduced two new sounds this week: oa and ie. These will be added to our Jolly Phonics PowerPoint on Teams for you to practice at home. We ask that you also continue to practice the sounds that you are unsure of.
SIGHT WORDS: We have learned another 2 sight words (at and be) and these will be added to our flashcards folder on Teams.
READING: Reading books will be issued on Tuesday. These should be read with someone at home. Please return the books to school on Friday as this will allow us to quarantine them ready for the following week.
A wee reminder that, if you haven’t already done so, please return any reading books from last week to school as these need to be quarantined for future use.
MATHS: Our tasks for this week will be set as an assignment on Teams.
H&WB: Our Target Wheel for this term has been added to the File in Teams. Please be working on your chosen targets.
- Details of our lunch menu can be found here. If you are having a having a school lunch, please remember to discuss the options with someone at home so you are aware of what you are having before coming to school.
- Our outdoor sessions will be on Tuesday-Friday (inclusive). Please ensure you have suitable outdoor clothing with you each day.
- As this week coming is Scottish Book Week there is a slight change to our Read & Munch session. For this week only it will be on Tuesday as we will be having it with our P7 buddies. You may bring in a book from home to read. Please remember your snack should be a healthy one: fruit or vegetables.
- Mrs McAvoy and I will be out of school on Wednesday. Mrs Kane and Mrs Hughes will be in as normal.
- A wee reminder to let us know about any wider achievements which deserve recognition at our weekly assembly which is held on a Wednesday. Further details can be found here.
- The flu vaccinations will be taking place on Wednesday. If your child is receiving this, we ask that you please discuss it with them before coming to school so they are aware of it.
- Book Bug bags will be issued to each of the children on Wednesday.
As always, any questions, just ask. See you all in the morning.
Mrs O’Neill and Mrs McAvoy