Primary 1C – Homework & Reminders W/B 9.11.20

Good morning P1C!

I hope you are all having a great weekend. Homework for this week has been set as assignments on Teams and will go live on Monday morning.

Homework

Sounds: We learned the sounds ‘ai’ and ‘j’ this week. Please continue to practise all of the sounds taught to date. Please access the homework assignment on Teams.

SIGHT WORDS: We have learned another 2 sight words (they and I) and these have been added to our flashcards folder on Teams. Details of your homework assignment can be found on Teams.

READING: Reading books will be issued on Tuesday. These should be read with someone at home. For further information on our wordless books, please access the information in the Files tab on Teams. Please return reading books to school on Friday 13.11.20 as this will allow me to quarantine them ready for the following week.

Please keep your reading for enjoyment book and return on Friday 13.11.20.

MATHS: Our task for this week has been set as an assignment on Teams.

We have also been learning about the months of the year. I have added a link, on Teams, to the song we’ve been listening to in class for you to sing along to at home.

Reminders

1.  Details of our lunch menu can be found here. If you are having a having a school lunch, please remember to discuss the options with someone at home so you are aware of what you are having before coming to school.
  2. Our outdoor sessions will be on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (inclusive). As the weather is rather unpredictable, please ensure you have suitable outdoor clothing with you each day.
  3. Read & Munch will be on Wednesday. You may bring in a favourite book from home to read in class and a healthy snack.
  4. I am trying to encourage the children to be as independent as possible. It would be helpful if you could practise putting jackets on and zipping them up at home with your child.
  5. If you wish to donate any money to the Poppy Scotland appeal charity, more information can be found here.

As always, any questions, just ask. I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Miss Cuthill